1990 Kubota B20 charging problem

/ 1990 Kubota B20 charging problem #11  
Put one probe into each of the grey wires at the same time.

/ 1990 Kubota B20 charging problem #12  
probe the 2 grey wires with the 2 meter probes. set to AC votlage and you will read ac voltage. not current.

I like taking 'loaded tests'. ( in circuit ) unloaded tests tell you MUCH less.

/ 1990 Kubota B20 charging problem #13  
on the kubota b20 you have a permanent magnet charging system not a dynamo or alternator per say this unit contains only north and south magnets and the conductor wires to make it work. they cannot be repaired and only put out about 11.50 to 12.50 voltage only enough to charge battery and possibly lights.
if bought from dealer normally high side of $200.00 plus can be bought off ebay for a lot less as of today there is one on ebay for $103.00 just google your tractor year and model for alternator

/ 1990 Kubota B20 charging problem #14  
I also have a charging problem with my B20 .... I have 17 VAC at the Dynamo. Bought a new Rectifier still no DC at the battery......Any ideas? Thanks Chuck

/ 1990 Kubota B20 charging problem #15  
check voltage at input to regulator/rectifier...

/ 1990 Kubota B20 charging problem #17  
i don't own a kubota. I'm talking in general principles of electricity between a perm field dynamo and an external rectifier / regulator setup.

/ 1990 Kubota B20 charging problem #18  
17 volts at input to rectifier .... no DC out ... new rectifier....they're sending me another.