/ 1996 JD 6200 Fuel Pump/Tank Filter #1  

powerplusdude

Tractor
2014 JD 5075E
1996 JD 6200 Open Cab: I refuse to believe that I have to buy a whole new fuel pump to get a new filter/strainer that is installed on the end of it. Dealer wants over $100 for a new fuel pump. I would think the filter on the end would only be a few dollars and should be a separate part. Does anyone know how I can get a filter without buying the whole fuel pump assembly? Part numbers would be a plus as the two different dealers I deal with can't figure out nothing unless I give them a part number. I am even open to an aftermarket filter. Pics for reference:

Thanks for the help!!
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_4239.JPG
    IMG_4239.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4240.JPG
    IMG_4240.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_E4242.JPG
    IMG_E4242.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 47
   / 1996 JD 6200 Fuel Pump/Tank Filter #2  
1996 JD 6200 Open Cab: I refuse to believe that I have to buy a whole new fuel pump to get a new filter/strainer that is installed on the end of it. Dealer wants over $100 for a new fuel pump. I would think the filter on the end would only be a few dollars and should be a separate part. Does anyone know how I can get a filter without buying the whole fuel pump assembly? Part numbers would be a plus as the two different dealers I deal with can't figure out nothing unless I give them a part number. I am even open to an aftermarket filter. Pics for reference:

Thanks for the help!!
Mike
Gosh only $100 for a JD part! Sounds cheap.

You might try looking for a JD on-line parts catalog and see if you can get a part number there. Can you clean the existing strainer out and re-use it?

/ 1996 JD 6200 Fuel Pump/Tank Filter
Gosh only $100 for a JD part! Sounds cheap.

You might try looking for a JD on-line parts catalog and see if you can get a part number there. Can you clean the existing strainer out and re-use it?
That’s what I did. Cleaned it best I could and stuck it back on there. That’s where I got the diagram picture at. No part number that I could find.