Price Check 1996 John Deere 445 current value?

/ 1996 John Deere 445 current value? #1  

outfox

Currently settling my Dad's estate. We have a 1996 John Deere 445 with only 352 hours on it, trying to figure out the value on it. Runs great, garage kept so in great shape with really minor cosmetic issues. Any comments? I have had one offer so far but it seemed lowball to me. Sorry, I posted here because I'm not getting very many replys in the JD section.

/ 1996 John Deere 445 current value? #2  
They are in demand. One of the great mowers ever. I would think you should be able to get $3500 or so. Good condition and such low hours may get you even more.

/ 1996 John Deere 445 current value? #3  
Check pricing on tractorhouse and try to match the condition and hours to the average for your area.

/ 1996 John Deere 445 current value? #4  
Have you sold this mower yet?

/ 1996 John Deere 445 current value? #5  
How much tire pressure , is that making for a rough ride? More comfortable ride on my tractor after swapping out the little turf tires for larger low pressure ATV tires.

/ 1996 John Deere 445 current value? #6  
They are in demand. One of the great mowers ever. I would think you should be able to get $3500 or so. Good condition and such low hours may get you even more.

If they are holding that good I may have to sell the 455.

/ 1996 John Deere 445 current value? #8  
IMG_7479.JPGIMG_7481.JPG

/ 1996 John Deere 445 current value? #9  
Nope there worth $300, what's your address? Lol

125 main st. south pole. Cant miss it. Last house on the right :D

I bought my 455 15 years ago off a deere dealers lot. iirc new one was priced around $8000 then. I just happened to walk onto their back lot and saw it sitting there with the deck beside it. The front middle roller had a bracket on one side broken off the deck. Other than that it looked fine.
Salesman had walked by while i was looking and said you need to buy that thing. I make ya a deal on it today.

I ended going back inside and talking to him and he said if ya buy it today as is and fix the deck yourself we will take $4100 OTD.
I thought to myself heck this is half of a new one, and my craftsman garden tractor had me ticked off replacing deck bearings yearly. I told him Id take it if they would put the deck back under it so when i came back with trailer I could just drive it all on there and not have to manhandle the deck.
He said thats not a problem, We will put the loader back on it too. :shocked:

Heck I didnt even know it had a loader that went with it and was thoroughly shocked but didnt let him know that.
I put it on my CC right then and went back first thing the next morning cause I was thinking they had to have made a mistake on that price and someone is gonna catch it. Not a word was said and I took it home and been using it ever since.
I ended up selling the loader for $2k a couple of years later since I didnt need it.
The 455 has been good but Ive had my eye on a kubota diesel zero turn for a while now.

/ 1996 John Deere 445 current value? #10  
Only thing that hurts the value is the plastic cam gear, I believe that's what it is, google 445 plastic gear. Ones with the plastic gear aren't bringing as much money