1st post .LL1102 loader on 2023 MS125 need specs for 48" Piranha bar.

/ 1st post .LL1102 loader on 2023 MS125 need specs for 48" Piranha bar. #1  

A.elker

Tractor
LS MT125
Hello all. I just picked up my 2023 model. BH+FEL [no belly mower :(..)]
My LL1102 loader assembly has a 48" i.. measurement /48.5" o.s measurement bucket (part#40404033) and calls for the part #40415126 cutting edge 49.5"(?)

Thought I'd go straight to the piranha pro tooth bar currently $479. Supposedly the best they sell and being reversible with a straight cutting edge on 1 side and serrated on the other. 2 in 1.
No sense ordering the factory edge for over 200 unless having both installed presents further advantages.

Does the factory bevel edge on the bucket cause issues with the piranha bar?
Has anyone gone to the trouble of getting the specific measurements on their 48 inch bucket?

I plan to call BXPANDED Monday because
I find it hard to believe they don't already have the specs pertaining specifically to my particular 48" factory bucket.

If not, I'll get those measurements and cross my fingers for a precision fit since they are not refundable.
Then I'll post them here to save the hassle for the next person.
Thanks in advance and kindest regards,
Adam

/ 1st post .LL1102 loader on 2023 MS125 need specs for 48" Piranha bar. #2  
FWIW I have a Piranha style bar on my bucket (homemade plasma project) . I can't think of a reason that I would have switched to a straight edge. What's the purpose of the reversable bar? Anyways, welcome to the group!

/ 1st post .LL1102 loader on 2023 MS125 need specs for 48" Piranha bar.
The only thing I can think of for the straight edge is for snow and ice removal. Perhaps back dragging.
Either edge reinforces and protects your bucket. Not sure if either edge can be sharpened but running straight edge save wear on serrated.
I don't see that they offer a reversible double sided serrated edge.
Optimally, you could add aggressive teeth for certain tasks and remove when not needed leaving the serrated edge.

FWIW I have a Piranha style bar on my bucket (homemade plasma project) . I can't think of a reason that I would have switched to a straight edge. What's the purpose of the reversable bar? Anyways, welcome to the group!
I was wondering how the BXPANDED are made and thought perhaps a water jet followed by a purpose built profile sharpener. Maybe a combination of plasma, waterjet and grinding.

/ 1st post .LL1102 loader on 2023 MS125 need specs for 48" Piranha bar. #5  
It's the first that I looked at the PRO version. I've used my edge quite a bit and there isn't damage to speak of. Mine is just mild steel. Bolted on across the bucket to me is a negative , but that's what makes it reversable.

Bolted on means "non-committal". I believe there are teeth-bars that bolt on..."hellckll" I don't know...
A guy gets in a tight spot and sells his piranha bar along with the factory backhoe and sincerely regrets it later.
I digress...
The bolt on, I can't tell if it mounts i.s. or o.s. Seems it would make sense to have square holes punched in for hardened lag bolts. Big ones for sheer strength. Lock nuts on top.Blade mounted underside. I know it bolts on each side as well requiring new holes as the bucket is predrilled.
Small tractor, 48" bucket...welding not necessary?

/ 1st post .LL1102 loader on 2023 MS125 need specs for 48" Piranha bar. #7  
Well, their original bolts on the edges of the bucket only. The rest of the bar is held securely by brackets that slide over your existing edge. Here's my version, albeit when it was first done. This was just a fun project for me.
I guess the bolts above the edge wouldn't be a big deal. I just envision the threads would get abused and wouldn't be simple on off deal. They are a great tool for a small tractor, I'll give them that.

bucket.JPG

Well, their original bolts on the edges of the bucket only. The rest of the bar is held securely by brackets that slide over your existing edge. Here's my version, albeit when it was first done. This was just a fun project for me.
I guess the bolts above the edge wouldn't be a big deal. I just envision the threads would get abused and wouldn't be simple on off deal. They are a great tool for a small tractor, I'll give them that.

View attachment 850361
I watched a 20 minute video where a guy (sounding like Hank Hill) plasma cuts a predrilled beveled bar and installs it. Included cutting the old nuts off. It was almost in real time.
As far as messed up threads, the stud would be flush so I wouldn't think they'd be damaged. Best practice would be fresh nuts and bolts anytime reinstalling the bar assuming the bolt strength is compromised from initial torque process similar to heads bolts but then again, axle wheel studs don't seem to care.

Should have my piranha pro bar in a few weeks while I wait with baited breath.
If it fits correctly, I'll share what I can on the build specs.
When I called and asked questions, they said their shop foreman could verify my specs by looking up the specific bucket.

/ 1st post .LL1102 loader on 2023 MS125 need specs for 48" Piranha bar. #10  
FWIW I had a factory tooth bar installed on my bucket when I purchased my tractor. It has worked well and I find I take it on and off quite often.

Backdragging and finish work I need it removed. I also have clamp on pallet forks for the bucket and need to remove it when using them. Sometimes I will remove it for safety reasons depending on what I am doing in and around the tractor. The teeth are pretty nasty to walk into or bang up against.

Imagine you will similar experience with the piranha bar.