1st Report card on my GT2544

/ 1st Report card on my GT2544 #1  

Jim_Zis

I'v now used my 2544 twice in cutting my lawn. Smooth drive train, plenty of power going up hills, cut is excellent. The only black smoke I'v seen is very minor at first start up with the choke on, push the choke in and its gone, completly normal I'm told. The only 2 items I'm disappointed with is the inability to turn off the headlights and the leg room below the steering wheel. I have hills that I cut and I lean to one side when going across them, the top of my thighs wedge between the seat and the steering wheel, very un-nerving. Also, when mounting or dismounting the tractor, the closeness of the steering wheel to the legs makes it more difficult than any other garden tractor I have owned. The tripple bagger has a lid that does not fit snug on the right side which causes a small amount of grass to blow out and create very dusty conditions, poor design is my guess. The bagger came with a high lift cutting blade which must be installed closest to the shute. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, its a pain in the "A" to realign the aft support arms to the pins of the deck. Removing the deck is comparable easy , putting it back on is something else. Out of 5 stars, I rate this 3 1/2 stars....lol

/ 1st Report card on my GT2544 #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ........ Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, its a pain in the "A" to realign the aft support arms to the pins of the deck. Removing the deck is comparable easy , putting it back on is something else. Out of 5 stars, I rate this 3 1/2 stars....lol )</font>

No doubt about that. On any of the deere's, toro's or kubota's i've used & worked on, the deck 'aft' connections are always a PITA. Sometimes they get easier with experience, but they almost always need some 'finesse'. You'll find that with any of them. I totally agree about the space issue with getting on/off the 2544. A bit tight. Try it on a pre 2005 2000/2500 cub. Even WORSE! I agree about the headlights. They cheaped out on that by leaving them live (had to pay for the 12v outlet I guess) I might throw a toggle swich on'em some day if they bother me, but I suspect the lamps will blow before that! I can't comment on the bagger issue. Never used one. I'm just a farm-boy I guess /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif!
G/luck
Joel