2" - 3" of pasture top soil then nothing but limestone...

/ 2" - 3" of pasture top soil then nothing but limestone... #11  
Looking to get some ideas on how to solve my basically solid rock goat pasture issue... Ideal end state would be baseball field grass...

Power rake? Cultivator? Bring in 6" of topsoil all the way over?

ETA: I have no goats... :)

Geologically speaking I think you are talking about caliche. It can be from 1 to several feet thick. I would stick with the native species ideas an not disturb what soil you have. The material you have is rich in calcium and the ph of your soil is probably quite high. Disturbing the caliche physically will more than likely increase the soils alkalinity. The native grasses and shrubs are alkaline tolerant, anything new probably won’t be.

In similar soils they often add sulfur to reduce alkalinity and increase porosity. If this is the case in your area you will see some form of sulfur at your local farm supply. Anything from pure sulfur to sulfuric acid is common but it has to be applied by a knowledgeable person. You probably have an ag chemist in your area that could analyze your soil sample and make recommendations. If it was me I would test the soils ph and then if needed add sulfur sparingly. This could be done each year and things should gradually improve each year.