2" ball rated capacity question.

/ 2" ball rated capacity question. #11  
Your hitch coupler is probably a 7k Bulldog hitch and you can get a 8K ball for 8.95 and a 8.5k for 14.95 at etrailerpart.com. They are more than likely a Putnam brand. Make sure your reciever is rated for 7k min also, I have a 10k that is cushion mounted and they make them up to 15k in the solid shanks.

/ 2" ball rated capacity question. #12  
As you may have noticed is that the higher rated 2" ball has a larger diameter shank. You'll have to buy another ball hitch for the larger diameter. Why not just change the trailer coupler and ball to a 2-5/16"? This way you want have to buy a distibution hitch, plus peace of mind.

/ 2" ball rated capacity question. #13  
Dallas_Lilly said:
I believe that when rating the balls they rate them for gross tounge weight.
Tongue weight is measured as DOWNWARD force on the hitch. Most trucks are rated for well under 1000#. I think you might be confused.

Seon said:
Why not just change the trailer coupler and ball to a 2-5/16"? This way you want have to buy a distibution hitch, plus peace of mind.
Bear in mind that some vehicles specifically advise against weight distributing hitches. They are great additions, but make sure the vehicle will take a distribution hitch before installing one.