2 bottom plow conversion

/ 2 bottom plow conversion #1  

Grand_Pooba

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT230 & John Deere X324
I've been looking for a good deal on a 2 bottom plow to pull behind my CT230.
Well I might have found one....in my back yard. This plow was half buried in the ground and covered with brush on the back property line. I considered rebuilding and using it as it was designed I would have needed a remote cylinder to lift it, rear remotes for the tractor and new tires/rims. I decided to stip it down and try to convert it to 3pt. The 4th picture shows it with all the "trailer" parts stripped off. Our house belonged to my wifes Grandparents before we bought it so I know this plow hasn't been touched in at least 30 years. All the bolts came off intact with a little help from my breaker bar and a 3' piece of pipe. I don't think todays steel will hold up like that . I need to fab up a 3pt connection for the front end. PLOW4.jpg

Attachments

• PLOW1.jpg
    PLOW1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 194
  • PLOW2.jpg
    PLOW2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 169
  • PLOW3.jpg
    PLOW3.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 164
   / 2 bottom plow conversion #2  
Nice find. Have you been able to pull a 2 bottom plow with that tractor before or will this be the first go at it?

Chris

/ 2 bottom plow conversion
It'll be my first try but my ground has no clay and has been tilled every year since the mid 1800's. I'm pretty confident the 30hp will handle it.

/ 2 bottom plow conversion #4  
Yes, you should be fine then. My ground is clay and my 48 Hp 2WD Ford will not do it. I can pull it with my 28 HP 4x4 tractor with the tires loaded and R1's.

Chris