2 Cycle Oil mixed with gas

/ 2 Cycle Oil mixed with gas #11  
get away from buying the little Echo 1 use containers of oil?

Do you have Home Depot in your area? They have the larger bottles of Echo oil if you want to use that brand. 7x the oil for 3x the price.
Personally I like the Husqvarna oil at Tractor Supply...it smells better than the Echo oil;)

/ 2 Cycle Oil mixed with gas #12  
I own a small group of Echo lawn care prducts along with a Stihl saw and had a very short relationship with a 2 stroke outboard motor. Any reason why I can't use the gallon of marine oil I have left with with my existing engines and get away from buying the little Echo 1 use containers of oil?

I have an Echo weed eater among other 2 cycle equipment. I was informed by the dealer that Echo requires a synthetic oil or it will block up the something in the muffler. I did not believe him and continued using the marine mineral oil rated 50:1 at a 40:1 mix ratio. Well after several years the Echo would not start and after checking all the basics I took it to the dealer. Guess what, muffler carboned up.

That was several years ago. I now use Mobil1 2T and have had no problems since. By the way none of my other 2 cycle equipment was any worse for the wear after many years of using 2 cycle marine oil. I have a Stihl chainsaw that is 28 years old, still runs fine today, that was run on marine 2 cycle oil for 20+ years, never been apart.

/ 2 Cycle Oil mixed with gas #13  
A lot of diesel truck/tractor owners use the outboard motor oil that is spec'd TC-W3 as a lubricant added to diesel fuel.. It is suppose to help add the lubricity removed when making the ultra low sulphur diesel fuel..

Generally you add 1oz per gallon of fuel..

Just another thought of its useif it is spec'd TC-W3

b

/ 2 Cycle Oil mixed with gas #14  
Water cooled oil cumbusts at a lower temperature as outboards operate at a lower temp, than air cooled ones do. Air cooled oil burns at a hotter temp for a complete burn. You dont want to use air oil in a water cooled engine as it does not burn completly so it carbons it up. I guess since there is two different formulations that you dont want to mix it up, but my guess is that maybe the oil cooled oil will burn faster than a correct air cooled motor, dont chance it over $10-18 worth of twc3 oil, dump it sparingly into an older diesel tank.

I know if you buy the castrol, or valvoline 2 stroke oil it will say for boats chainsaw motorcycles etc, dont do it.

/ 2 Cycle Oil mixed with gas #15  
I use the same oil/gas mixture in all my 2 cycle engines. The Stihl chain saw and yellow weed eater/combo and Lawnboy mower do fine on it. Don't think the sorry Craftsman chain saw would work well on anything.

Ralph

/ 2 Cycle Oil mixed with gas #16  
I suspect the formulations for air cooled vs water cooled are slightly different.
However, I have an Mac string trimmer that is 20 years old and has never had anything but Mercury QuickSilver oil/gas mix left over from my boat run in it.

Just sayin'.

/ 2 Cycle Oil mixed with gas #17  
I use the same oil/gas mixture in all my 2 cycle engines. The Stihl chain saw and yellow weed eater/combo and Lawnboy mower do fine on it. Don't think the sorry Craftsman chain saw would work well on anything.

Ralph

Craftsman = Poulan!

Nuff said.

Before i get it poulans can be good and trouble free and they can have more bad ones too, i think quality control must only set foot on the floor one or 2 days a week.

/ 2 Cycle Oil mixed with gas #18  
I suspect the formulations for air cooled vs water cooled are slightly different.
However, I have an Mac string trimmer that is 20 years old and has never had anything but Mercury QuickSilver oil/gas mix left over from my boat run in it.

Just sayin'.

BP im not saying it wont work or give any trouble. But for me i burn enough 2stroke boat gas to not use it in other things and i use enough 2stroke in my chainsaw (heat with wood in part of the house) and weed wacker that i think that i can afford to buy another $5 (will last a year of 2 depending on use, i also have a 4 stroke trimmer so the use of that also determines the consumption of air cooled oil) bottle of 2 stroke Husky oil at lowes to put in my $450 Stihl chainsaw.

/ 2 Cycle Oil mixed with gas #19  
BP im not saying it wont work or give any trouble. But for me i burn enough 2stroke boat gas to not use it in other things and i use enough 2stroke in my chainsaw (heat with wood in part of the house) and weed wacker that i think that i can afford to buy another $5 (will last a year of 2 depending on use, i also have a 4 stroke trimmer so the use of that also determines the consumption of air cooled oil) bottle of 2 stroke Husky oil at lowes to put in my $450 Stihl chainsaw.

Hear ya. I do not use my old boat gas in my chain saw. :D

It's just that the Mac has been around for 20 years, worked without complaint and never has drank anything than other than left over boat fuel. There's nothing to say. It just won't die. BTW, some 2 stroke oil claims to be "generic", as in use in everything. Never have bought any of it.

/ 2 Cycle Oil mixed with gas #20  
Hear ya. I do not use my old boat gas in my chain saw. :D

It's just that the Mac has been around for 20 years, worked without complaint and never has drank anything than other than left over boat fuel. There's nothing to say. It just won't die. BTW, some 2 stroke oil claims to be "generic", as in use in everything. Never have bought any of it.

Yea i was talking about that generic 2 stroke stuff, you see it at like gas stations in quart bottles or dixcount stores. I think some makers like valvoline or castrol still make it maybe, i knew they did like 10 years ago, i used some in a pinch on an outboard once.

I was saying about my boat gas that i have 2 of them and esp the big Johnson GT that thing uses enough fuel that i dont need to take any from it and there really is never anyleft over, it will be used next time. I try and time the fill ups on the other boat so that i really never have more than 3-4 gallons at a time left for more than 6 months and then i will add say 6 more fresh gallons and mix oil accordingly.