$2 million CAT tractor build

/ $2 million CAT tractor build #51  
I think the point of the original post was to show a nice machine being built in a nice factory, and I agree the D11 is an AWSOME looking dozer...... Unfortunately NOTHING is entirely made or manufactured in the good old USA, sucks but it is true, I don稚 care what it is if it is electronic in nature there is something from another country in it. Its fact we all have to live with, at least the whole thing isn稚 built in another country and shipped over!

Exactly.

However, I'd loose your signature picture as that unit (whole thing).... was built in Japan and shipped over in a container........

Not that that is all bad.

/ $2 million CAT tractor build #52  
Here is a large CAT engine built in Lafayette I seen Saturday. It was a V12:D

Attachments

• Big Cat Engine.jpg
    Big Cat Engine.jpg
    219.5 KB · Views: 672
   / $2 million CAT tractor build #55  
The systems of which I speak go on sale next summer.. But they have been showed off in a few places and some select customers have been running the machines to get some field experience for about a year.

In case you missed it, they will not be seen in any on road vehicle. Those will be packaged/calibrated/certified by Navistar.

The only emissions systems I've seen are the Acert botched up systems and the large displacement (3406) engines with aftrerburners (furnaces) and gobs of failure prone components. I'm not sure I'd be bragging about having any hand in that fiasco.

/ $2 million CAT tractor build #57  
I see D11's about every other day.

To give those who've never seen one an idea of scale, the blade on a current D11 is about as wide as a 2 lane road :thumbsup:

/ $2 million CAT tractor build #58  
Exactly.

However, I'd loose your signature picture as that unit (whole thing).... was built in Japan and shipped over in a container........

Not that that is all bad.

I dont need to "loose" my sig pic, I dont mind that my machine was ALL built in Japan and shipped over in a container, I was just saying that as for a CAT D11 DOZER at least "IT" isnt all built over seas!

I am open minded, I have owned SUZUKI motorcycles, Honda 4-wheelers, Kubota tractors and a lot of electronics, as I stated it is a fact of life in this country we use foreign goods

/ $2 million CAT tractor build #59  
So Daimler kept DD after their divorce from Chrysler. Interesting.

As a kid I remember GM had the car and truck divisions Chevy, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick, Cadillac and GMC. Terex construction equipment and EMD locomotives. Frigidaire appliances and Delco-Remy. Detroit Diesel engines. Overseas I recall they had Vauxhall and Opel in Europe. I assume they still have Vauxhall and Opel; but Gummint Motors is truly a shell of its former self. GM buying SAAB was disastrous for the Swedish car maker in my opinion. Heck, one year a SAAB something or another was a rebadged Gooberu (Subaru).

Well, Daimler still has stake in Chrysler, my Jeep has alot of Mercedez parts like the rear drive shaft, and the hydraulic engine cooling fan. The Diesel Jeeps use the Mercedez 3.0 Common Rail Diesels. The newest Jeep Grand Cherokee model is built on a Mercedes chasis believe it or not.

When I was in the military al our vehicles that used Detroit Diesels were loud-very loud had to run on high rpms, fuel guzzlers and lacked power compared to Cummins etc. Hopefully they have come along way.

/ $2 million CAT tractor build #60  
It's the drain valve.

No, it's not. Between the second and third gusset on the pan (from the accessory drive end, the front of the engine) there is a dent in the pan, just below the mounting flange...

Better go look again.

Better yet, take a picture from the other side so no dent is apparent.....:laughing: