2 questions

/ 2 questions #1  

CCSO5514

Tractor
John Deere 4066R
Two questions: I have a commercial-grade JD Zero Turn mower that I use to mow my rural property. It was purchased in 2012 and has 870hrs on the clock. It is serviced regularly and is in excellent shape. The dealer says that it is time to replace it because JD is discounting the 2023 models, and in the future, my mower will be worth less as a trade-in and the new ones will cost more. The dealer also says that after 800hrs. it will probably start to require some repairs.

First question – is this the time to replace this mower?

Second question – Looking for reviews and opinions regarding the John Deere Michelin Rear Turf Tire and Wheel (the “pinwheel” style).
Thank you.

/ 2 questions #2  
Sounds more like your dealer wants to sell you a mower. I personally don't see the point of properly maintaining a piece of equipment only to trade it in early.
Well maintained gasoline engines can easily get in the 1500-2000 hour range.
But hey.... If you want a new mower that's another matter!

As far as the Tweels, I've never used them. I do know they are very expensive, and I suspect the tread wears out like air tires.

/ 2 questions #3  
If you have money to burn and want to help the dealer put his kids through college, yes, it's time to trade. Otherwise, no. Seriously, if it's a gas engine model, it's probably going to run another 10 years without major repairs. If it's a diesel model, it's just getting broken in.

/ 2 questions #4  
follow above advice. you've invested in a good scheduled service, you can now reap the benefits. your dealer is flailing

/ 2 questions #5  
I agree, keep it, he’s just trying to make a sale. The tweels? I think they work well but I have read where people have them fail, mainly the spokes breaking but no personal experience.