2" Receiver Solution for X749

/ 2" Receiver Solution for X749
I went to the JD dealer over lunch and put the deposit on the tractor and made the order official. The new machine should be here 12/20 at the latest...nice Christmas present to myself!

Thanks to everyone for all of the input. I found a 1 1/4" ball mount with a 5" rise and a 2" vertical receiver adapter on e-trailer. I'll have the 2" receiver adapter welded to the ball mount. I'll order the hitch that bruce has on his machine and I should be good to go.

Attachments

• 5in Rise Ball Mount.jpg
    5in Rise Ball Mount.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 2in Receiver.jpg
    2in Receiver.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 156
   / 2" Receiver Solution for X749 #12  
Are you going to get a 3 point for the x749? If so you can get a 3 pt receiver.

Then you can raise the ball as you need.

Timber - I did think about that as a solution too but I am not that familiar with what the 3 point hitch does for you (I'm sure many things but I am new to it) and I really only use my tractor for mowing, moving my trailers, and light duty earth moving with my JBSr. When I looked up the cost for going that route it was $700 plus for the equipment. If I knew for sure I had other uses for the 3-point I might be able to justify it but for now I'll just go the simple route.

/ 2" Receiver Solution for X749 #14  
Since you already have the adapter it wouldn't be too hard to weld up a bracket to raise the location of the hitch. Or, you could mount the hitch on top rather than under the plate or buy one of the hitches posted to raise it up.

/ 2" Receiver Solution for X749 #15  
Congrats on the new unit!
you will love the diesel!
(wish I had one myself sometimes)

make sure you get us some pics of your
new trailer hitch setup too.

:D

Congrats on the new unit!
you will love the diesel!
(wish I had one myself sometimes)

make sure you get us some pics of your
new trailer hitch setup too.

:D

Will do...I'll be sure to update the thread with pictures!

/ 2" Receiver Solution for X749 #17  
your talking about moving boats/trailers the rest of
us are talking about moving snow :(

your talking about moving boats/trailers the rest of
us are talking about moving snow :(

Believe it or not, I'm kind of envious of you guys up north using your machines to 'play in the snow'. Seriously...I love some of the youtube videos out there of the JD garden tractors blowing snow....looks like a hoot to me!

/ 2" Receiver Solution for X749 #19  
tiger9a,
I have found alot of uses for the 3 point hitch and 540 pto on my x749, works well with landscape rakes, chipper, boxblade, rearblade and pine needle rake.

Congratulations on your new mower, I am very satisfied with mine and think you will be too.

tiger9a,
I have found alot of uses for the 3 point hitch and 540 pto on my x749, works well with landscape rakes, chipper, boxblade, rearblade and pine needle rake.

Congratulations on your new mower, I am very satisfied with mine and think you will be too.

Thanks Steve...I'm gonna miss the good ol' 425 but I'm also sure the 749 will ease the pain! Thanks for the bullets on the 3 point attachments. I need to do some research and see if there's anything that will come in handy for me.