2 Stage Clutch adjustment

/ 2 Stage Clutch adjustment #1  

Syncro

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF 1532, Kubota B-26 TLB
For those that may want to see how a 2 stage clutch is adjusted I've attached a picture that shows the simple proceedure. This particular tractor is a Ford, but its similar to others. If the clearance on the 2 stage clutch pack is not correct the PTO will either not release, or not engage. It requires using a feeler guage to set. On this machine the 3 adjusting bolts are visable through a side cover and its just a matter of loosening the lock nut and turning each bolt in or out to get the required clearance (.030" on this tractor) The flywheel can be turned using a long screwdriver, hammer handle, or similar pry bar. I center punched each bolt for ID so I wouldn't get em mixed up. Simple, once you know how. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 873472-2 stage clutch.jpg
    873472-2 stage clutch.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 2,419
   / 2 Stage Clutch adjustment #2  
Synchro
I must thank you for some really simple and direct instructions in your 2006 post on 2stage clutch adjustments. I am a motor mechanic by trade but doesn’t help whatsoever when it comes down to requiring dimensions to repair any particular job. I must have searched everywhere for the information that you finally provided and trust me there are some fools out there and even more misdirected ones that believe them. I even found a post for eBay offering to sell me a CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT. It all comes down I believe (with the net) to asking the correct question. My son owns a dilapidated Shibaura sd4340 which he has be using for some time and it has developed a problem with the 2stage clutch. I soon found the adjustment hole and the 3 bolts you mention but had no starting point for an adjustment and now I do. So thank you again and the old tractor can wander off into the mist again sounding just like the Manly Ferry.
Greg Page.