2 stroke oil in Diesel?

/ 2 stroke oil in Diesel? #11  
This all sparked my interest so I poked around some. Upper cylinder liberation may have made sense in the early days of engines. Now with better designs, materials and oils there is no advantage. As a mater of fact, the extra hydrocarbons may not be doing your cat converter any good by working it harder. So go easy on the additives to lube the injector pump, more is not always better.

If you are talking about a gasoline engine, hence converters, the oxygen sensors can be knocked out by just a little oil fouling. There could be 4 of them lurking under the hood and about $300.00 plus for replacements. So no I don't add it to my gasoline.

/ 2 stroke oil in Diesel? #12  
Two cycle oil in the fuel slows down the burn time of the fuel in the cylinder. Poorman's high test fuel.
I'd use a two cycle oil that was rated for use with converters, if I was mixing it.

/ 2 stroke oil in Diesel? #13  
Rings seal better. I used to mix a 4oz bottle of cheapo stinkwheels oil into every tank when I had an old Toyota Corolla (~300:1). The car appeared to get better mileage with it, and it seemed to run better and have more poop, but I never did a qualitative experiment.

JayC

i would think that it would take a lot more oil than a 300:1 mix could provide to improve the ring seal. Time for a dino test.

/ 2 stroke oil in Diesel? #14  
I use WM TC3W spec outboard oil in the tractors at about 128:1 just cut injector pump chatter. I use it at about 500:1 in gas to lube in-tank fuel pumps that I really do not want to replace.

If it gives more miles/hours to the gallon I did not pick up on that but then that is not a concern that I have. I buy it as lube product only.

/ 2 stroke oil in Diesel? #15  
Two cycle oil in the fuel slows down the burn time of the fuel in the cylinder. Poorman's high test fuel.

2 cycle oil lowers the octane of gasoline...it speeds up the burn time.

/ 2 stroke oil in Diesel? #16  
2 stroke oil lubes injectors. It also has combution enhansers in it that allow it to burn in a gas engine. In your truck the enhancers allow the fuel to burn more completely . This is the same reason peaple use propane or CNG on trucks. It is not the BTUs added by the oil but the complete use of the BTUs of the fuel already injected. I drive truck for a living and have used 2st oil for about a year now. My milage has gone up .25 to .3 MPG, This dosn't sound like mutch but to someone geting 6 MPG it adds up. It works for me, but results may vary.......

/ 2 stroke oil in Diesel? #17  
Yeah, I'm using it mostly for lubrication in my engine. Aint worried bout problems with the kitty, aint got one!