2 Warning lights on after start L3650

/ 2 Warning lights on after start L3650 #1  

Airdriver

I have a vintage 1991 L3650 which I recently started and 2 of the 3 warning lights (clogged air filter and not charging) not only came at start, but stayed on. This has not happened before. I cleaned the air filter, which needed attention but which was not clobbered and inspected the fan belt and wiring. Nothing was obviously wrong. The lights stayed on. I used it more than an hour and lights stayed on. Charger is on battery to see if needs an unusual amount of charging

I have had to leave it outside due to building material in the tractor shed so it got rained on a couple of times. Other than that, no changes.

Has anyone seen this sort of thing before?

Many thanks,

Hal

/ 2 Warning lights on after start L3650 #2  
I had the same thing. :confused2: HELP to the top

/ 2 Warning lights on after start L3650 #3  
I have a vintage 1991 L3650 which I recently started and 2 of the 3 warning lights (clogged air filter and not charging) not only came at start, but stayed on. This has not happened before. I cleaned the air filter, which needed attention but which was not clobbered and inspected the fan belt and wiring. Nothing was obviously wrong. The lights stayed on. I used it more than an hour and lights stayed on. Charger is on battery to see if needs an unusual amount of charging

I have had to leave it outside due to building material in the tractor shed so it got rained on a couple of times. Other than that, no changes.

Has anyone seen this sort of thing before?

Many thanks,

Hal

Don't know if this will help but on my 1989 L3750 if you did not have a Kubota brand battery in it which had a "third" lead built in, the charging light would come on. It charged and worked fine but the light stayed on the entire 6 or so years I owned it. Maybe your third lead corroded?

By the way, I was never able to figure out what the third lead did except to annoy the heck out of you unless you bought their batt.

/ 2 Warning lights on after start L3650
Don't know if this will help but on my 1989 L3750 if you did not have a Kubota brand battery in it which had a "third" lead built in, the charging light would come on. It charged and worked fine but the light stayed on the entire 6 or so years I owned it. Maybe your third lead corroded?

By the way, I was never able to figure out what the third lead did except to annoy the heck out of you unless you bought their batt.

Could be! It is a brand new phenomenon so something has changed. I'll look for the extra lead. Of course the clogged air filter light still remains. But it runs fine!

Thanks!

/ 2 Warning lights on after start L3650 #5  

If the battery has a third lead that goes in to where it can contact the electrolyte, then it is to let you know when the fluid is low. I had the same thing on my motorcycle.