2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using

/ 2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using #241  
Is the engine a yanmar clone? There is a great air cooled diesel clone thread on TBN.

Post some photos when you can I'm curious.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

The engine isn't anything like the Yanmar. It looks like an early 1900's hit n miss engine. compeat with the large flywheel. I am camping full time right now and my laptop will not let me download pictures from my phone or my camera for some reason. Sorry but I cann't post pictures right now. You can find lots of videos on youtube just type in Chinese 2 wheel tractors. Here is a link to a video of one that looks and sounds like mine. Mine is 10hp.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cIGcCXtsjQ

Last edited:
   / 2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using #242  
Payment was by bank transfer. It went into an escrow account and was only released when I signed for the tractor. I had it shipped by ship that way it didn't cost much. It only took about a month from start to finish. I also got an import broker to handle the import papers for me. It was the best thing for me to do. You will be shocked how cheap things can be bought from China.

Thanks for the 411 on the process - makes sense. Not having done this myself, I'd have to think/research on what a secure escrow service is, as I could see somebody playing this for 100% profit.

Why not ?

If major corporations can leverage off PRC to make huge profits, and hollow out our manufacturing base, why shouldn't us peasants get in on the action ?

Rgds, D.

/ 2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using #243  
The engine isn't anything like the Yanmar. It looks like an early 1900's hit n miss engine. compeat with the large flywheel. I am camping full time right now and my laptop will not let me download pictures from my phone or my camera for some reason. Sorry but I cann't post pictures right now. You can find lots of videos on youtube just type in Chinese 2 wheel tractors. Here is a link to a video of one that looks and sounds like mine. Mine is 10hp. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cIGcCXtsjQ

Interesting. I said to myself why not get a bcs 710 fit the same price, now I get it. That's a big machine. Can you use front implements with your tractor?

/ 2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using #245  
Interesting. I said to myself why not get a bcs 710 fit the same price, now I get it. That's a big machine. Can you use front implements with your tractor?

Yes you can use front mount implements on it. It can do just about anything you want. In other countries they use them for farming and transportation.

/ 2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using #246  
Hello jimmymc2286,

(I will PM you also just in case but please reply here)

When did you buy this tractor (year)?
I just got a quote, 18hp with tiller and a seat :) and a trailer and shipping for U$D 1600. Maybe another $100 for duties at the port here in Vancouver BC... I will likely buy a potato harvester for a few hundred too.
I really want to buy it but I am afraid of the EPA regulations for importing diesel engines. (I am in Canada we have Tier 2/3/4 but they also accept EPA certification/compliance).
I do not want them to return it or destroy it.
What do you know - have you had any problems?
I am not importing to sell - just one machine for myself. That’s it!

Going with BCS/grillo I am looking at 8K + 1k for shipping - and convert that to our poor Canadian dollar ... I am a small time guy - buying my acreage next year God willing!

/ 2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using #247  
I have not had the same experience regarding using the steering brakes. On the 948 that I just purchased, one side is clearly better than the other when trying to turn, but neither seem to lock the wheel to allow a quick turn. I took the wheel and drum off of the worst side, and nothing seems bad. There's good thickness to the brake pads. Any suggestion as to what to do to make them grab better?

/ 2 Wheel Tractors - Buying & Using #248  
I have not had the same experience regarding using the steering brakes. On the 948 that I just purchased, one side is clearly better than the other when trying to turn, but neither seem to lock the wheel to allow a quick turn. I took the wheel and drum off of the worst side, and nothing seems bad. There's good thickness to the brake pads. Any suggestion as to what to do to make them grab better?

You are more likely to get responses if you start a new thread with your question.