2001 JD 567 - Good Deal?

/ 2001 JD 567 - Good Deal? #11  
That's what I was taught way back when I started selling new JD rd balers(430/530 models)

/ 2001 JD 567 - Good Deal? #12  
i dont know what brands of balers catch on fire the most.but ive heard of 2 or 3 baler fires last year an 1 or 2 was jds.1 of them being a new baler.

/ 2001 JD 567 - Good Deal? #13  
Rd balers that catch on fire can be any color. I think I've seen all brands that have burn't. Where I live it wouldn't be difficult for burnt JD balers to outnumber any other brands because JD rd balers do 90+ % of the hay baling

/ 2001 JD 567 - Good Deal? #14  
Thanks guys. You've calmed my fears about the number of bales. While not insignificant, the price is worth the gamble to own a newer JD baler. I noticed once I got a bigger picture of it that it's a Silage Special as well, which if memory serves is a little heavier built than the standard 567.

Looks to be a fairly straight, clean baler. Maintained.. newer strippers - means somebody was paying attention! Can still see the chevron pattern on the belts. So, they're not smooth with wear. Look for punctures, holes and any frayed edges on the belts. Gettin' tired when that shows.

I'd still run it for at least 20 minutes - maybe even 30 if they'll let you. Bring 10 gallons of diesel with you and top off his tractor - seriously!

And, yes the SS is a heavier duty machine. Rollers, bearings are beefier.

That's a good price - if you don't have to replace a bunch of parts.

AKfish

/ 2001 JD 567 - Good Deal? #15  
And, yes the SS is a heavier duty machine. Rollers, bearings are beefier.
AKfish

Are you sure rollers & brgs are beefer on a silage special?? I breifly researched the parts catlog and didn't find much variation in the brgs & rollers but I know SS has some added scrapers.

/ 2001 JD 567 - Good Deal? #16  
Are you sure rollers & brgs are beefer on a silage special?? I breifly researched the parts catlog and didn't find much variation in the brgs & rollers but I know SS has some added scrapers.

So, the part's numbers for the high moisture kit is the same as the standard bearings and rollers? Haven't compared... but, I'd have to think that it wouldn't make sense for Deere to even offer that upgrade if it was the same..?

Unless, of course my understanding of the High moisture kit being more or less equal to the Silage Special bearings, rollers is incorrect.

AKfish

/ 2001 JD 567 - Good Deal? #17  
Im not sure about the bearings and rollers either but i helped a neighbor install the High Moisture kit on his new 567 last year. The kit is just a simple knife edge scraper for the bottom roller and all the mounting hardware.

/ 2001 JD 567 - Good Deal? #18  
467 SS has added augers not available on 567 SS. I think the SS has these spiral strippers(2nd photo) on the belt staggering roller.

Attachments

• EP12939________UN10MAY05.gif
    EP12939________UN10MAY05.gif
    17.1 KB · Views: 111
  • EP12939________UN10MAY05.gif
    EP12939________UN10MAY05.gif
    21.6 KB · Views: 127
   / 2001 JD 567 - Good Deal? #19  
His must be an SS then because it had the spiral on the roller.

/ 2001 JD 567 - Good Deal? #20  
467 SS has added augers not available on 567 SS. I think the SS has these spiral strippers(2nd photo) on the belt staggering roller.

Ok... so, the rollers on the SS are different - at least on the 467. They have those spiral strippers that help to increase roller traction on the belts to move that high moisture (and slippery) hay through the baler and better maintain the belt tension under heavy loads.

Sound right..?

Have to take a look at the 457SS. I've been looking at those balers as maybe an upgrade to our hay operation.

Wonder if the bearings are different, too?

Thanks for the pics, Jim.

AKfish