2002 425 Rear Wheel Motor

/ 2002 425 Rear Wheel Motor #11  
Although the normal bleed procedures will bleed the pump circuits, the wheel motor circuit is a closed loop circuit, and if there is any air in the circuit and you close the bleed screw, the air may still be in the circuit.

As I said before my wheel motors have case drains, and may bleed the wheel motors. Those with no case drains the air will just circulate through the closed loop system. system.

If your wheel motors don't have case drains, and you have air in the hyd circuit, that is a closed loop circuit, and the air may be still in the circuit.

There almost has to be leakage somewhere as the charge pump is there to provide makeup fluid and pressurized the pump to about 300 to 500 psi . Whatever the charge pump doesn't use to replenish the closed loop, the rest of the flow is sent through the pump case drain to flush out the hot fluid and send it to the radiator and to tank.

Just called Terry at Power-Trac, and he said the air will bleed out by running the wheel motors.

/ 2002 425 Rear Wheel Motor #12  
For what it is worth, my exmark zero turn requires me to jack up the wheels and run them with no load to get out the air out when ever i open the Hydraulic system. This some thing that could be done easy enough with the Power Trac.

/ 2002 425 Rear Wheel Motor #13  
For what it is worth, my exmark zero turn requires me to jack up the wheels and run them with no load to get out the air out when ever i open the Hydraulic system. This some thing that could be done easy enough with the Power Trac.

Except for the hassles and challenge of jacking up all four wheels on a "frame" that both articulates and oscillates... jacking up the front or rear is easy, jacking up all four wheels is a bit more "interesting" unless you're on a smooth, level surface...