2003 L2600Dt 3 Point Do I have a problem?

/ 2003 L2600Dt 3 Point Do I have a problem? #1  

lightfixer

Tractor
L2600DT
I bought this tractor with 204 hours. Includes the FEL, shredder, BB, and hole digger. The owner used it for shredding, but knows less about tractors than I do and knew nothing about maintenance.
I changed engine oil and filter yesterday with Napa Gold filter and DELO 15w40.
I drained the transmission and refilled with 7.5 gallons of Napa Quality hydraulic and transmission oil. Since the sight glass is useless, it looks like I overfilled.

After saying all of this, my problem is the 3 point. Action only occurs in the very end of the selector arm stroke. All the numbers 1-8 have no effect.
They are saying I have it set on draft, but I don't think there is such an animal on this tractor.
I went to Kubota today for a new sight glass. This is pressed in and apparently a common problem. Since this is a vented transmission, is overfull a bad thing?

Old mechanic buddy said if tranny went over full with spec amount, then I didn't drain everything. I don't know of anything else to drain.
I do like this little tractor and have been using the FEL quite a bit. I have been looking at many of the entries on this forum and have a lot of my questions answered without asking.
Hope to hear from others on these issues. Maybe the problems are operator influenced and not really problems at all.
Thanks to all.

/ 2003 L2600Dt 3 Point Do I have a problem? #2  
lightfixer said:
After saying all of this, my problem is the 3 point. Action only occurs in the very end of the selector arm stroke. All the numbers 1-8 have no effect.
They are saying I have it set on draft, but I don't think there is such an animal on this tractor.
QUOTE]

My 3 point does the same thing, I am curious to see what the responsees are.

"I went to Kubota today for a new sight glass. This is pressed in and apparently a common problem. Since this is a vented transmission, is overfull a bad thing?"

BTW, you said the sight glass is useless, so you bought a new one, why????

/ 2003 L2600Dt 3 Point Do I have a problem?
I needed to see a new sight glass to know how it could be removed. I plan to lower the oil level, pry the sight glass out and try to clean it. Today the sight glass has no value for determining oil level. It had dirty oil or something in it at one time. Also, in the event I destroy the one I have or it leaks after I reinstall it, I wanted to know I could buy a new one with no problem.

/ 2003 L2600Dt 3 Point Do I have a problem? #4  
The original 3PT valve that came with these tractors was a piece of ####. Moved in 1" increments.

Kubota has since replaced the valve in production and newer tractors have a much smoother valve. Most of those with the old valve have been able to get it changed by Kubota under warranty - despite rhetoric from Kubota that this is an "economy" tractor and so deserves a crappy valve.

On the fluid - for starters I probably wouldn't use something other than Kubota's hydraulic fluid - SUDT in the US, Premium UDT in Canada. Secondy it is impossible to drain out all the fluid. There will still be some left no matter how hard you try. Your best bet is using the sightglass to see how far up to fill.

That said, I think that you can generally over fill by a bit on this tractor. Don't know how much though.

/ 2003 L2600Dt 3 Point Do I have a problem?
I have watched the videos of the L2800. That is not my problem. this 3 point will raise and lower fine. It all happens in 1 inch of lever travel instead of 8.

/ 2003 L2600Dt 3 Point Do I have a problem? #6  
Get a shop manual for starters if you will be trying to do the maintenence.

For this problem you have I would guess it is out of adjustment.