Buying Advice 2004 Kubota L3130 or New?

/ 2004 Kubota L3130 or New? #12  
Very nice, congratulations on your tractor, sorry I can't help with advice on those implements.

/ 2004 Kubota L3130 or New? #13  
Wow the L3130 is in real nice shape, congrats on your tractor, I think you got a great deal.
DevilDog

/ 2004 Kubota L3130 or New? #14  
Did you wear a mask when you got that steal of a deal?

Very nice, I would have bought it in a heartbeat assuming it was as maintained as it's appearance indicates. Very nice. Good job!!

/ 2004 Kubota L3130 or New? #15  
Thanks to everyone for their comments. Took the plunge and bought the '04 L3130. The only issue I could find was the front right axel had gasket work years ago for a what he said was a leak. Hopefully there aren't any issues to be discovered! The gent that sold it had it dealer service April 2013 and because of ailments has only put 7 hours on it in the last two years, yet she's beautifully greased up and drives like a charm. Now on the prowl for implements! (any source suggestions for a disc and cultipacker?)
Again, thanks for the terrific forum and the comments.

Congratulations, tractor looks great.
Nice to find something used that someone thought enough about to keep to keep of the weather:thumbsup: Good job!

/ 2004 Kubota L3130 or New? #16  
Thanks to everyone for their comments. Took the plunge and bought the '04 L3130. The only issue I could find was the front right axel had gasket work years ago for a what he said was a leak. Hopefully there aren't any issues to be discovered! The gent that sold it had it dealer service April 2013 and because of ailments has only put 7 hours on it in the last two years, yet she's beautifully greased up and drives like a charm. Now on the prowl for implements! (any source suggestions for a disc and cultipacker?)
Again, thanks for the terrific forum and the comments.

Very nice setup... I think you scored! I'd scan Craigs list for used implements. You might get lucky and find something in good condition at a reasonable price. Don't want to overgeneralize but there seem to be better choices offered for more basic, non-pto or hydraulic attachments, so a good disc or cultipacker might turn up if you're patient and look around carefully.

/ 2004 Kubota L3130 or New? #17  
Congrats they are a nice tractor. Mine pulled a two bottom Dearborn,5ft.Bush-Hog,six ft.snow plow,5ft.roto-tiller ect.with no problem.

/ 2004 Kubota L3130 or New? #18  
You did very well on that deal....lots of tractor for the money!

/ 2004 Kubota L3130 or New? #19  
Don't worry about the front axle seals. Some of the L Series Kubotas were built with seals that were prone to leakage. These have been re-designed with good results. I replaced the front seals on my L2900 (predecessor to your machine) and had no problems after.
By the way, great looking machine and well bought at that price. Happy tractoring.

/ 2004 Kubota L3130 or New? #20  
I had a L3130 for a while, but no backhoe. It was/is a solid, nicely featured machine, heavy duty but a bit light on horse power, which simply means it isn't quite as fast as a more powerful machine, but it certainly will get your work done! Some front axle leaks come from using SUD hydraulic oil vs. normal 80W-90 gear oil (I believe both are okay according to Kubota, but the hydraulic oil tends to cause leaks, I have read). If you got the SSQA loader bucket, you really scored a great deal!! I would still have mine had it not been so heavy- soil compaction was a problem.