2004 Nortrac Dozer

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer #11  
Looking at a 2004 Nortrac NB3500C Dozer. This thing is cherry. little over 100hrs. Can anyone chime in here that maybe owns one or previously owned this dozer. Question is . Are they worth it ? Have a small farm, Want to doze out a few hills , build a drive way. Build a pond .

If it's as good as you think it is, that's a very good price. Parts are readily available at Northern Tool, Circle-G Tractor, Keno Tractor, and others, as well as ordering direct from Yuchai.

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer
These little dozers are a ton-o-fun, but make no mistake they aren't Cats. I spent a lot of time on Cats in the early '60's. Because of their attractive price they tend to be purchased by first time operators that aren't familiar with the intrinsic limitations of the machine and dis them when they break down. Others purchase them to do a specific job, do absolutely no maintenance on them, then pretty them up after the job is completed and unload them. A caveat for sure.
So your prospective machine is a year older than mine (I bought new in '05) and has about 150 hours on it? Why so little? Mine has almost 700 hours on it and don't use it all that much.
Does the current owner have maintenance and repair records for it? Was it originally purchased through a reputable dealer that performed a pre-delivery service on it? Does it have the hydraulic shuttle clutch? If so, does it have an accumulator in the left saddlebag? Rubber or steel tracks? Has it been sitting idle outside uncovered for long?

Owner bought it new from Northern tool ,He has all Maint. records, He used it a few times for small jobs , He has always kept it inside the shop, steel tracks,Not sure about the shuttle clutch or the accumulator. He has all paperwork. He has a few tractors , just doesnt need it anymore. Very close freind of mine , giving me 1st shot before it goes on cragslist. iam going to go look at it in a couple of weeks again. i will know more then.I do know the stater was replaced under warranty when it was new, other than that its been runnig well. He starts it about 1X's week to let it run. What else shoul i look for ?

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer #13  
Owner bought it new from Northern tool ,He has all Maint. records, He used it a few times for small jobs , He has always kept it inside the shop, steel tracks,Not sure about the shuttle clutch or the accumulator. He has all paperwork. He has a few tractors , just doesnt need it anymore. Very close freind of mine , giving me 1st shot before it goes on cragslist. iam going to go look at it in a couple of weeks again. i will know more then.I do know the stater was replaced under warranty when it was new, other than that its been runnig well. He starts it about 1X's week to let it run. What else shoul i look for ?
He's a responsible owner, sounds like it has pedigree. I would grab it.
If it has the hydraulic shuttle clutch option there will be a small shift lever on the left saddlebag with the script "F-N-R", and there won't be a clutch pedal. There will still be the four speed transmission with the high-low range.

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer
He's a responsible owner, sounds like it has pedigree. I would grab it.
If it has the hydraulic shuttle clutch option there will be a small shift lever on the left saddlebag with the script "F-N-R", and there won't be a clutch pedal. There will still be the four speed transmission with the high-low range.

So, if it does have the Shuttle Clutch option ,Is this a bad thing ? Did they have problems with this option ?

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer #15  
So, if it does have the Shuttle Clutch option ,Is this a bad thing ? Did they have problems with this option ?
Hard to say because I don't know how many are out there in the real world. I know I wanted one really bad when I ordered my dozer but they were not available with the FEL option at that time. They are a very desirable feature but require a special oil to perform properly. I have helped several owners through issues with them which were all attributed to lack of maintenance by their previous owners. There are several owners/contributors on the CTOA website with them, and they like them.

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer
Hard to say because I don't know how many are out there in the real world. I know I wanted one really bad when I ordered my dozer but they were not available with the FEL option at that time. They are a very desirable feature but require a special oil to perform properly. I have helped several owners through issues with them which were all attributed to lack of maintenance by their previous owners. There are several owners/contributors on the CTOA website with them, and they like them.

Ok Bob Thanks a million for all the info, really appreciate it. I will check this little machine out next week and find out more.Stay Tuned 1
Thanks !
Scott

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer
Finally got time to go look at this Dozer. I cant download the pics. I think we are going to buy it . Have any ideas how to download pics here ? Dozer3.jpg

Attachments

• Dozer 1.jpg
    Dozer 1.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
   / 2004 Nortrac Dozer #18  
Under "go advanced" there is a manage attachment area where you can select and upload your photos. I mostly save my photos as a smaller Jpeg so they upload quickly and easily.
Looks like you are well on your way to dozer ownership! Congrats

/ 2004 Nortrac Dozer #19  
Finally got time to go look at this Dozer. I cant download the pics. I think we are going to buy it . Have any ideas how to download pics here ?View attachment 431963

In the toolbar above the text window there is a little square with the image of a tree in it. If you hover over it, it will say Insert Image.
Insert image.jpg

Click on it and this dialog box will open. Click on From Computer and then click on Browse.
Insert img from puter.jpg

Then this window will open.
Insert img from file.jpg

Select the picture file of your choice.
Insert img select.jpg

Then click on Upload File(s) and your picture will be inserted.
Insert upload.jpg