2004 TC35 instrument cluster

/ 2004 TC35 instrument cluster #1  

jedjoe

Silver Member
Tractor
new holland TC 35A 2004
Greetings all,

I've had the best luck with my 2004 TC35 Boomer. 18 years now and the only thing I've had to replace (short of routine maintenance items) is the starter and the ignition switch. I'd say that's a pretty good run.

Question: Where could I find a replacement instrument cluster for this machine? Photo attached. Or, where could I get just a replacement tachometer with needle? THANKS!
IMG_1189.JPG

/ 2004 TC35 instrument cluster #2  
You could try some of the tractor salvage yards for a complete cluster... make sure to ask if it was tested or if they will take it back if there is an issue with it...

You could also order just a new Tachometer (but it won't be cheap)... pretty sure the Part # is 86540854 (just confirm if you are ordering one)

Partspring & Messicks both seen to list them...

Link to the parts diagram:

New Holland TC35 Electrical System 06.04 INSTRUMENT PANEL

Is your needle still in the bottom of the cluster?? Just wondering... I might try looking at reattaching it...

/ 2004 TC35 instrument cluster #3  
Does the tach work?can you see the tip is rotating as you change the RPM? if so making a needle or replacing the needle from a different gauge with a bit of crazy glue at the tip is what I do. I bet the needle is somewhere down in the meter cluster body. A bit of silicon ( alternative to crazy glue) on the tip and putting original or some new needle should work and silicon adheres well even with vibration.

/ 2004 TC35 instrument cluster #4  
Looks almost like the tach needle fell off. Pop it back on there and see what happens…

/ 2004 TC35 instrument cluster #5  
One other thing, walmart still sells analog clocks for under $10 with the second hand. If I cannot locate the tach needle then I would buy a clock , disassembel and use one of the needles that would fit, glue it and call it good.

/ 2004 TC35 instrument cluster #6  
Is thar the tach needle just above & to the left of the hours indicator or is that a reflection?

/ 2004 TC35 instrument cluster #7  
Or did someone open that instrument panel and lost ou broke that tach needle?

/ 2004 TC35 instrument cluster #8  
I have a 2005 TC35A. My tach is at 2500 when you turn it off and just pegs itself when you turn the machine on. Keep us posted if you are able to figure out a fix that does not involve buying a new or rebuild cluster,[ 6-700 plus dollars?]. I need to fix the tach.