2005 Toolcat 5600 Hydraulic fluid getting very hot with attachment use???

/ 2005 Toolcat 5600 Hydraulic fluid getting very hot with attachment use??? #11  
after using the bush mower or the finish mower I clean the radiator with water, sometimes its clear tohers its got a light covering, even with 50% clogged it will likely still run withing range but its not cooling as it should, also if cutting grass check the radiator for the AC on the side, that crap gets into everywhere air is flowing

/ 2005 Toolcat 5600 Hydraulic fluid getting very hot with attachment use??? #12  
Just to offer my own experience...I used to clean the radiator area out with water and started having an overheating problem. Found that under the radiator fins, the dust + grass + water had set up as a hard cast which was blocking flow. Once I got it cleaned out, I stopped flushing the area out with water and started blowing the area out with compressed air. Haven't had a problem since (15+ years).

/ 2005 Toolcat 5600 Hydraulic fluid getting very hot with attachment use??? #13  
Hey guys

I have a 2005 Toolcat5600 with high flow. I have a bobcat brushcat (twin motor) attachment that when I use it after about the first 30 minutes it loses power. The hydraulic fittings are super hot to the touch. I also have a bobcat snowblower attachment and when I use that (in the cold weather of course) no significant lose of power and the fittings are cool to the touch. I have made sure the cooler/radiator is clear of dirt and obstructions. The temp gauge of the unit itself is always running cool and normal with whichever attachment I'm using. What would be causing the loss of power on the brushcat and very hot Hydraulic fluid versus in the winter with no issues on the snowblower? Anyone else experience this issue?
I would get the serial numbers from your drive motors and have your dealer check to see if they fall into the range that Bobcat had known failures. Happened on my 2004. I put kits in each drive motor and the symptoms went away. Oil was getting hot because of extra circulation through worn drive motors.
My snow blower wouldn't perform as well after the half hour in the winter either. Also a bit off on MPH in rabbit mode. Just gradually got worse until drive motors were fixed. Good Luck!

/ 2005 Toolcat 5600 Hydraulic fluid getting very hot with attachment use??? #14  
FWIW.... I had a similar problem with a high flow water pump. I couldn't seem to find why but everything else was 100% so I took the solution of adding an external universal hydraulic oil cooler. Cheap and easy addition to that one impliment that just seemed to be creating a bigger than wanted strain on my tractors pump.

/ 2005 Toolcat 5600 Hydraulic fluid getting very hot with attachment use???
I would get the serial numbers from your drive motors and have your dealer check to see if they fall into the range that Bobcat had known failures. Happened on my 2004. I put kits in each drive motor and the symptoms went away. Oil was getting hot because of extra circulation through worn drive motors.
My snow blower wouldn't perform as well after the half hour in the winter either. Also a bit off on MPH in rabbit mode. Just gradually got worse until drive motors were fixed. Good Luck!
Where do I find the serial numbers of the drive motors? What kits did you put in them and did you do it yourself or the dealer did the work?