2006 model 4530 won't start

/ 2006 model 4530 won't start #1  

Kyle.TX

Tractor
2006 Mahindra 4530
I finished shredding part of my pasture last week and parked my tractor in its normal spot. I went out yesterday to crank it up and finish the job but it would not make a sound when I tried to start it. I immediately assumed the battery was dead and hooked the charger to it. Charger went for about 10 min and went into maintenance mode. I checked and battery showed 13.3 volts. I even tried to jump start it from my son's truck but still nothing when I try to start it. The voltmeter on the dash shows 10 volts and you can hear the engine pitch change on the truck when I attempt to start the tractor. I'm at a loss for ideas.

/ 2006 model 4530 won't start #2  
Sounds like its time to start checking all the wiring and grounds?

/ 2006 model 4530 won't start #3  
I don't know if your 4530 uses a similar PTO safety switch as my 3525. On mine, debris from mowing will pile up in the bracket that houses the switch causing it to not function and gives a no-start condition. The switch is located just under the footrest ahead of the axle on the left side while facing forward on the tractor.

/ 2006 model 4530 won't start #5  
sounds like the battery in the tractor has a internal short. Seen this many times in my life. try removing the tractor battery. and just jumper from the truck and see if that works.

/ 2006 model 4530 won't start
I hate to come back and admit this but the PTO lever was not fully disengaged. Thank you for all the suggestions. Got the rest shredded and all is well with the world once again.

/ 2006 model 4530 won't start #7  
I hate to come back and admit this but the PTO lever was not fully disengaged. Thank you for all the suggestions. Got the rest shredded and all is well with the world once again.
It is the come back that is valuable. Thank you.
You’ve helped more than you know.