2007 3120 J.D throttle issue/ 447 backhoe play.

/ 2007 3120 J.D throttle issue/ 447 backhoe play. #1  

wjtaylor

Tractor
J.D 3120/300CX/447
Hi all,
I am new here. I am hopeful that someone can help me. For a few years my tractor has been throttling itself down. I understand that it will do this a bit when it warms up, but this is different. it has gotten progressively worse. I have cleaned and lubricated the linkage that is in the engine bay. no change. I tried to take off the right hand green shroud but it seems nearly impossible. When I got to a bolt near the Fusebox, it just turned but never came out. I just had a thought, is it accessible from below ? Has anyone else had this issue ? The 3120/3320/3520 are all similar as far as I can tell.
I also have a 447 backhoe which has considerable play in the pins. Especially all of the joints in the bucket area. I grease it a lot, but I did buy it used and didn't know to check this. It looks like the bushings are not replaceable. Will replacing the pins help at all? What does everyone do ? Do people get them bored at a machine shop and have oversized pins installed ? I am guessing this would be very expensive. Thanks so much in advance .
Jim

/ 2007 3120 J.D throttle issue/ 447 backhoe play. #2  
Most of the time there is a friction disc that holds the throttle in place. Probably need new pins and bushings Bushings press in, unless they are worn to badly. You can look and tell. Expensive maybe Good luck sir