2007 990/300cx for sale.

/ 2007 990/300cx for sale. #11  
I think that the 3038 is going to take down the resale value of my 3720. People will always say they can get the same tractor with the same HP for 15K.... They know and so do I that the 3x20 series is more luxurious, but ..... It will become a bargaining piece.

I dunno about that as a general rule......maybe if your 3720 were an open station, yeah that barganing chip may be used come resale time...BUT the fact of the matter is, I havent seen a 3038 Cab machine yet....:D

Ultimately I think it boils down to this...you got people who shop primarily based on price, and some shop based on features, specifications, service & support... The "price first & foremost" people will be the ones comparing grey market Yanmar's from the dealer 60 miles away who opened up 2 years ago to your 3720 Cab machines saying the same thing...

/ 2007 990/300cx for sale. #12  
Something else you could try is listing in surrounding papers.

I agree keep to your guns.

I looked at a 3038E today on a JD dealer lot. The 3038E is the same size as my 790 with what looks like an aluminum rear axle housing. The hydraulic cylinders on the 305 loader look to be the same size as the ones on my 300 loader so I doubt it will ever come close to a 300x or cx loader when it comes to lifting. There looked to be a lot of corners cut to get 38 horses down in the lower price range of the 3038E.

After seeing both, a 990 (or 4005) is a lot more tractor than a 3038E.

/ 2007 990/300cx for sale. #13  
priced a brand new 990 with FEL from local dealer for $17k out the door. the 990 is discontinued so if you can find a new one, they are REALLY ready to move them.

chuck

/ 2007 990/300cx for sale. #14  
Did you end up selling your 990? if so how did you do on it?

/ 2007 990/300cx for sale.
Sold it in Late July and got what I was asking. That was a good tractor and I get attached to my equip but the 4520 is awesome.

/ 2007 990/300cx for sale. #16  
Congrats on selling your 990! :D Yeah.. And let's hear the skinny on your 4520!! Did you pick up a good used one or buy new? (Sorry, if you already posted a thread on this - I ain't looked: yet.)

Cab? I'm gettin' myself all geared up to buy a 4520 or 4720 with a cab. So, I'm all ears on the reports from 4000 owner's.

AKfish

/ 2007 990/300cx for sale.
I got an open station e-hydro new. Cant say enough. Power is amazing. With 60 hp at the engine you can wreck some stuff real fast. I also got the e-pto and that is good with some smaller stuff I have to use. 400x can lift a lot so you can get in trouble but common sense usually prevails. Powerful and easy to operate. I did not get the tele draft arms and wish I would have. I got PB and 3rd scv which I would recommend the least you go on hydraulic options. Wish I could get a cab but a little more than I could swallow and I go down a lot of wooded trails.

/ 2007 990/300cx for sale. #18  
ejb17,

The telescopic arms can be added at any time, there was no trade in for the existing arms. I think these are about $330. They are a real help with heavy implements, the larger implements for your 4520 tend to make this more important.

/ 2007 990/300cx for sale. #19  
I got an open station e-hydro new. Cant say enough. Power is amazing. With 60 hp at the engine you can wreck some stuff real fast. I also got the e-pto and that is good with some smaller stuff I have to use. 400x can lift a lot so you can get in trouble but common sense usually prevails. Powerful and easy to operate. I did not get the tele draft arms and wish I would have. I got PB and 3rd scv which I would recommend the least you go on hydraulic options. Wish I could get a cab but a little more than I could swallow and I go down a lot of wooded trails.

I'm with you on the tele draft arms. Definitely want those. Wrangling my head a bit on the PB and the 3rd scv. Finally decided to go with those (PB and 3rd) and the elec. diverter, too. I want the SS option on the loader (400cx) and the 3rd function on the FEL, too. Gotta have the grapple capability. At some point, I might be feeding and baling with the big round bales. Like to be able deal with that possibility in the future.

No top n tilt with this next tractor, though. The only component that I consistently use with the TnT on the 110tlb is the hyd toplink. I can build that later for ~$200 and save myself over $800 from the OEM Deere option.

Glad to hear that you're very impressed with the power! :D I'm really looking forward to saddlin' up those 60 horses!

AKfish

/ 2007 990/300cx for sale. #20  
AKFish,

You might consider keeping the top and tilt from the 110 and replacing it with the adjustable screw arms from the 4520, they are interchangeable. Fact is if you sell or trade the 110 you wont get that much for the options anyway.

From reading your posts I would think most of your work so far has been clearing and cleanup. You may find that once you begin the finish work that the top n tilt will have more benefit.