2007 BEST IN SHOW Olive Oil Los Angeles County Fair

/ 2007 BEST IN SHOW Olive Oil Los Angeles County Fair #11  
Rox, all your persistence is paying off. This is great news for you and makes me feel honored to have this direct conduit of communication with such an esteemed winner. WOW!:D :D

Now, I just have one question. Why does igourmet.com show all your oil as sold out? Is it really? You may have posted this somewhere else, but I haven't seen it. Are they ordering more? I've been telling all my friends to check out your oil, but I was disappointed to see it sold out. I guess if I want to give some for Christmas presents, I'd better order early.

/ 2007 BEST IN SHOW Olive Oil Los Angeles County Fair
jinman said:
Rox, all your persistence is paying off. This is great news for you and makes me feel honored to have this direct conduit of communication with such an esteemed winner. WOW!:D :D

Now, I just have one question. Why does igourmet.com show all your oil as sold out? Is it really? You may have posted this somewhere else, but I haven't seen it. Are they ordering more? I've been telling all my friends to check out your oil, but I was disappointed to see it sold out. I guess if I want to give some for Christmas presents, I'd better order early.

Jinman they fixed that today. It now shows in stock.

/ 2007 BEST IN SHOW Olive Oil Los Angeles County Fair #13  
Congratulations and wishes for many more.

I love cooking with olive oil, I went on the Igourmet site to purchase a bottle. You have three kinds for sale. My question to you is. Which one do I want?

Le meilleur de la chance à vous et à votre mari

We received our award for this year and I took some pics, jsut like a first time mom taking pics fo her new baby I suppose.

I also attached a few new farm pics. Int he first farm pic you can see across the field in fornt of our house now, we cut off about 10 feet off the tops of all those olvie trees, man what a job that was. You can clearly see the stone Borie, which is an igloo shaped stone shepherd house that is all made with fitted stone, no cement. I posted pics of the Bories before when we laid the bick in sand floor. But now with the recent pruning you can see it real well from our patio. i give olive oil tastings iside the boire. We ahve 3 good bories on our farm, hence the name.

Attachments

• AwardPics 002.jpg
    AwardPics 002.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 111
  • AwardPics 001.jpg
    AwardPics 001.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 104
  • StoneBorie.jpg
    StoneBorie.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 111
  • PatioView.jpg
    PatioView.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Terrace.jpg
    Terrace.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Lavendar.jpg
    Lavendar.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 104
Oh one more pic, this is right outside a back patio door. After my hsuband cut his hand with the cahinsaw he finshed cutting up the olvie wood with a Sylky hand prunning saw which was awsome. Olvie wood burns very hot but very fast. Looks like we should have enough to get us through this witer though. Our winters are pretty mild compared to Wisconsin.

Attachments

• Firewood.jpg
    Firewood.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 105
   / 2007 BEST IN SHOW Olive Oil Los Angeles County Fair #17  
Rox,
The news is fantastic...I can't wait to try your oil! I bet now the toolcat will be an easy purchase! LOL BTW, are Antonio Carrera tractors used alot in your industry?
Steve

/ 2007 BEST IN SHOW Olive Oil Los Angeles County Fair #18  
congratulations. all your hard work is paying off

Hey i got news for everybody, we ain't gettin rich off the olvie oil business.:D
It provides only a very modest income for us so probbly you won't see any toolcats at lest for a while yet. Because the US Dollar kept sinking against the Euro, between the offer to purchase and the closing we had to keep coming up with more and more U.S. $$. In the end we had to borrow $65,000 from my parents which we are still paying off. We jsut endorse the checks over to my parents for all U.S. sales. From what we ahve already aid them back we could have had a new tractor, probably not a Toolcat though :D .

Life will be much much better afer we have that zero'ed out but for the time being no plan for buying any new equipmnet unless something breaks and we ahve to. I have not seem any Anthony Carrera tractors around here so far.

Speaking of hard work, the next month is going to be a PIA. First of all we had a very rainy June and it has been rather cool. The result is that there are weeds all over the pace. So probably tomorrow or Sunday, I am going tohave to pull back all the irrigation lines to allow my husband to get in on the tractor and rotottill down the weeds. That is a PIA job tat is going to probably take 2 days. You get filthy dirty because the wate lines ahve dirt on them and then with the water seping out you hend up getting mud all over yourself. But it has to be done. After that I will spend probably 6 weeks pulling all the suckers off the bottoms of the trees. Theya re growing likecrazy since wepruned back he tops, now of course the tree wants to grow back and it sends up tons of suckers. The best way is to get a goo hand hold and rip them out. In a way it is good because it is kind of like doing stomach crunches all day long and actually it is good excercise. I am ahvig very bad back issues sice the last harvest though so I hope my back hld up.

That is the news from the olive farm :)