Price Check 2007 Deere 5525 cab price check

/ 2007 Deere 5525 cab price check #1  

dhaymon

Tractor
2012 Mahindra 5035 PST
Found a 5525 cab with 24 speed power reverser with shuttle adjustment, weighted tires, air seat, buddy seat, 442 quick attach loader with self leveling, 3 rear remotes, tinted windows, cd radio, etc., and with 600 hours. There is some rust on the loader arms but otherwise it n pretty good shape. They are asking $45,500, how does that price sound? The tractor is in east Texas.

/ 2007 Deere 5525 cab price check #2  
Price seems in line with hours on it. Others for sale for less, but more hours on them or not as many options.

/ 2007 Deere 5525 cab price check #3  
Found a 5525 cab with 24 speed power reverser with shuttle adjustment, weighted tires, air seat, buddy seat, 442 quick attach loader with self leveling, 3 rear remotes, tinted windows, cd radio, etc., and with 600 hours. There is some rust on the loader arms but otherwise it n pretty good shape. They are asking $45,500, how does that price sound? The tractor is in east Texas.

Sounds like a nice tractor. I assume you mean 542 loader. I have the 542 self leveling - the self leveling can really limit the dump angle of the bucket. Maybe or may not be an issue.

How kind of buckets, etc?

Does the loader have the 3rd SCV?

Does it have 8 lights on the cab - can put 2 per post.

Does it have a rear wiper?

It is amazing - these tractors really hold their value. I paid $41K for my tractor without a loader new.

D.

/ 2007 Deere 5525 cab price check
Yes, my bad on the loader. It is a 542. Global carrier and only a normal bucket, no grapple or bale spear or anything extra. I think one set of lights.

Here's the link to the tractor... http://www.tractorhouse.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=9520207.

It does have the rear wiper, which I know will be a huge benefit in the hayfield. It has three rear sets of hydraulics. I can run from there to the front for a 3rd set to operate a grapple. It doesn't have the third function on the loader control...

/ 2007 Deere 5525 cab price check #5  
Looks like a nice tractor to me.

The loader has been used a bunch I bet.

For sure look for any welds, repairs on it.

I wonder fi the top of the rear mounts are missing paint due to be heated to put pin in it or something.

Notice a little hood damage lower front center.

Rear wiper is jacked up.

Does not have all the available lights.

Not a new tractor, but looks pretty decent to me.

Any service records?

D.

Looks like I'll end up with a new 5085e. Went to look at a 2010 5093e at the dealer up the road and he let me know about a competitor trade allowance. I have a buyer for my current tractor so we have a deal worked to trade and they sell my tractor to them. It brought the price of the 5085 with H240 loader below $50k. Combine that with 0% financing and they prices were too close not to do new.

/ 2007 Deere 5525 cab price check #7  
Looks like I'll end up with a new 5085e. Went to look at a 2010 5093e at the dealer up the road and he let me know about a competitor trade allowance. I have a buyer for my current tractor so we have a deal worked to trade and they sell my tractor to them. It brought the price of the 5085 with H240 loader below $50k. Combine that with 0% financing and they prices were too close not to do new.

Cool deal.

What kind of options are you sign to get on the 5085?

D.

Right side door kit, buddy seat, rear wiper/washer, air seat, grill guard, H240 FEL with global carrier and 73 in HD bucket for $47730. Includes trade allowance of $4k for trading competitor tractor. Already have buyer, so doing in and out trade.

Will prob buy combo pallet fork and hay spear elsewhere. He sells 2 separate but not combo.

Only concern is which cutter to buy. He's showing options of HX15 batwing for $16k or CX15 single wing (10 ft) for $15k. Thinking overkill? Would MX15 or 12 foot Bushhog brand be better. Have pasture, pond bank and sloping road shoulder to mow. 40 acres of hayfield....thoughts? I do like idea of the wing for the pond and road ditch slope.

I have also been looking at the Semi mount offset MX10 from Deere. I have some narrow roads through my timber to food plots that might be more friendly to a mounted cutter. Backing a batwing a quarter of a mile to get out may not be fun. On the other side, being able to shift the mower over a foot would give a three foot overhang for the pond bank. I think 10 feet of cutter will be a huge improvement over the 6 foot cutter I am using now. Anyone use this setup?

I guess it is time to rebuild the sickle bar mower I have (Deere 350 7 foot) for the ditch.

On the tractor, I decided to add a third mid mount and updated the stick in case I do a grapple or something later. Still under $50k total...