2007 Jinma 284 (iron horse) will not start

/ 2007 Jinma 284 (iron horse) will not start
Well I have the tractor back together and running. The second head was the correct one, now it starts up so easy and Purring like a kitten!

/ 2007 Jinma 284 (iron horse) will not start #53  
Good to hear!

/ 2007 Jinma 284 (iron horse) will not start #54  
Well done!

Remember to retorque the head bolts at 50 hours.

/ 2007 Jinma 284 (iron horse) will not start #55  
I am exploring the wonders of my first Chinese tractor. I have a 2004 JM284LE. Lots of experience with various diesel engines over the years. This one is giving me a bit of pause. I bought it from a thrid party not the original owner, and so do not have an immediate source of information about this machine. I do have a lot of documentation that came with the tractor, but some of it is not very clear and obviously for a different machine.

I have cold starting issues, but I believe that is primarily "pilot error". Nothing in my manuals, etc. mentions glow plugs, so I am not sure how to acess that function. My ignition switch has multiple functions ..Off - On - H - St. Would it be safe to assume that the "H" position activates the glow plug?

I was reading through this thread, and some one mentioned the evils of starting fluid. I used to part time farm in Alaska, and bought an Allis Chalmers 4WD diesel tractor, and it came from the factory with an installed canister of starting fluid. It did not have glow plugs, you just replaced the starting fluid when the canister went dry.

/ 2007 Jinma 284 (iron horse) will not start #56  
   / 2007 Jinma 284 (iron horse) will not start #57  
Tommy

Thanks for the response.. I would probably have noticed that function if I had of put my glasses on...