2007 NH T2420 no glow plug/start

/ 2007 NH T2420 no glow plug/start
Doing it again after working flawlessly for the past two weeks. Started it yesterday after not using it for three days, no issue. This morning, no glow plug light, no start. I tried putting in a new ignition switch, that did not solve issue. I had not re-secured the relays. I tried pushing all connections again, nada. I have the charger on battery now but am 98% sure that is not the issue here. Driving me nuts!!!

Took apart every harness connection on right side again. Keyed ignition, relays. Used spray contact cleaner, then sprayed wd40 again into each plug and prongs. Did same with fuse box. Each fuse came out, cleaned prongs, sprayed fuse box connectors. None of the relay plugs/prongs looked anything close to bad, nor did fuses or fuse box. Now it works, glow plug light comes on, tractor starts. Run it for twenty minutes. Turn off, try to start again one hour later, nada. Baffling.

/ 2007 NH T2420 no glow plug/start #23  
When it will not start have you tried to "jump the starter" just to see if it will turn over? This would confirm that your battery cables are not only able to conduct the voltage but also have sufficient contact for carrying enough current to run the starter.

Doing it again! Has been for months. Had my mechanic over yesterday for four hours trying to diagnose. Started simple, load tested battery. Good. Cables good, connections from battery good to starter. Bumped starter, good. Pulled starter, bench tested. Good. Tested ignition switch, good. Bypass seat safety switch. All fuses and fuse box tested good. Ground from fuse harness tested fine. All day, after testing each possible problem, the ignition key would illuminate the gauge and the accessory light, but when turning switch to activate glow plug relay(position three on key ignition), nothing. This afternoon, I reconnected the negative battery terminal, went to see if it would start and...voila, lit up glow plug light and relay(heard it click as well) and tractor fires right up. What the? Let it run for ten minutes, shut down to add some hydraulic hoses, go back to try to start, and nada, same two lights, no glow plug relay click or light. We studied the wiring schematic yesterday, and it really is somewhat confusing as to what relays and circuits are controlled by the safety ECU. I have a feeling that If I take it to dealer, even if they cant see me for weeks, they will just throw parts at it until the cure, whether long term or not. I can do the same, throw parts at it, but was really hoping a person might have had something similar to this baffling issue. I ordered a new starter relay .

/ 2007 NH T2420 no glow plug/start #25  
Yep, dealer (parts replacing) until they find which was the cause, but you now own them all.
That is if electrical/electronic as they don't return to stock.
Now also if a mechanical part they probable would charge you remove and re install your old perfect one.

I'll make a silly suggestion.
It has worked for me a few times.
Using the plastic tube that comes with a can of WD40, spray it into your ignition key slot, and aggressively rotate the key a few times.
Then try normal procedures.

The theory is that the grease in the switch has hardened resulting in poor and/or intermittent contact.
I dissected a few of those key switches and confirmed my suspicions.

Good luck!

^ Thanks! It is a new switch. We tested it, and the old switch, both tested fine at each setting. This is what I mean by throwing money at a problem...but to use a phrase that I said to my second girlfriend...."I will try anything!"

Went out after work and tried it again. Hooked up negative terminal to battery, spun key, glow plug light on dash lit, click of glow plug solenoid, tractor starts immediately. Run the tractor for one half hour, did some work with it, shut it off. Went back one half hour later, spun key, only accessory lights on dash, no glow plug relay click or light on dash, no start. Put new starter relay in, no change. I did try the WD40 into switch, nada. I am going to bypass the pedal switch, don't think it is the culprit.

/ 2007 NH T2420 no glow plug/start #28  
Went out after work and tried it again. Hooked up negative terminal to battery, spun key, glow plug light on dash lit, click of glow plug solenoid, tractor starts immediately. Run the tractor for one half hour, did some work with it, shut it off. Went back one half hour later, spun key, only accessory lights on dash, no glow plug relay click or light on dash, no start. Put new starter relay in, no change. I did try the WD40 into switch, nada. I am going to bypass the pedal switch, don't think it is the culprit.
You may now know why many operators bypass most if not all those 'safety'
switches. Worst culprits are any that are located where your feet are.
Seat switches also fall in that category.

My CUT had only one, it was to prevent starting while in gear, now bypassed.
However it is now my theft deterrent as when left open (I simply 'unplug' the leads) you cannot start it. Win/Win?