Price Check 2008 Mahindra 3215

/ 2008 Mahindra 3215 #1  

Railjockey

Tractor
none yet
Looking at used 2008 Mahindra 3215 HST, 383 hrs and was not taken very good care of, dealer is replacing hydraulic pump for fel, and rear 3 point, replacing seat and front grille, said he would do a service on it. asking price $9,500.00, is this a good price?

/ 2008 Mahindra 3215 #2  
That probably depends on the extent of the "not taken very good care of" part. If there's that much stuff to replace already, I would have to wonder what else is lurking just below the surface, waiting to be a money pit.

/ 2008 Mahindra 3215
thanks for the reply, my remark, not taken very good care of includes, Seat, handle on fender to climb on tractor, missing, front grille and lights knocked out, and the pump won't lift the loader, turning signal lamp gone on rear fender, however it did start, and idled smooth, paint however was not faded out to bad, but like you mentioned there could be other things since there is lack of care given to the outside.

/ 2008 Mahindra 3215 #4  
The 3215 is made by Mitsubishi according to tractordata. Most have had good luck with the Mitsubishi Mahindra models.

The condition is something you will have to decide. Some extra steps you could do include hydro and engine oil analysis and having an Independant heavy vehicle mechanic check it out.

Good luck. It can be hard to find used machines to meet your needs at the right price. So I hope this is the one!

/ 2008 Mahindra 3215 #5  
The 3215 is made by Mitsubishi according to tractordata. Most have had good luck with the Mitsubishi Mahindra models.

The condition is something you will have to decide. Some extra steps you could do include hydro and engine oil analysis and having an Independant heavy vehicle mechanic check it out.

Good luck. It can be hard to find used machines to meet your needs at the right price. So I hope this is the one!

You might want to get the PTO dyno'd too. I think a lot of shops have the equipment.

/ 2008 Mahindra 3215 #6  
Price is about right I think, considering it is about half of what a similar new model would cost. But that is contingent upon it being a solid tractor.

Have the dealer check the diff lock, that was a bit of a weak spot on that model if the operator engaged it with a wheel spinning.

/ 2008 Mahindra 3215 #7  
Machines that get abused like that are likely going to be a problem down the road. Lack of maintenance eventually catches up with equipment and ends up costing $. Better to spend a little extra now and find one that is in better shape IMO. There are plenty more out there.

/ 2008 Mahindra 3215 #8  
The 3215 is a great model IMO. Mine is a 2006 and has around 600 hours. I have always kept the maintenance up to date. The hourmeter stopped working after the warranty so I just added a cheap one to the tractor vs. paying over $600 for the whole dash components if I recall correctly. Looking to upgrade to a 65 HP, cab would be nice!!