2009 2X20?

/ 2009 2X20? #1  

jambx

Gold Member
Tractor
B2920 TLB, ZD21-60P, 1949 US Baird Beaver
I have been looking to possible get a 2920 however was wondering if there will be a 2009 model that may (or may not) address any "first year" problems and when that model would appear on the market?

Also, on its folding ROPS - on the older B's and larger B's the ROPS completely fold 180 degrees however the 2X20 seems to fold slightly and sticks out at a angle. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks,

jim

/ 2009 2X20? #2  
That'd be nice, but I don't think they need a whole new model to address the problems. If there is a real problem with the height adjustment for the MMM, they could come up with a modified part. I really doubt there will be a new 2920 for 09, so I wouldn't hold off for that reason.

/ 2009 2X20? #3  
...Also, on its folding ROPS - on the older B's and larger B's the ROPS completely fold 180 degrees however the 2X20 seems to fold slightly and sticks out at a angle. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks,

jim

The ROPS on my 2620 completely folds 180 degrees. I'm not sure what 2x20 you were looking at, but I see no reason the 2320 or the 2920 would be any different than my 2620...

7th Angel

/ 2009 2X20? #4  
Mine folds completely too, but there are other holes in the bracket to pin it in different spots.

/ 2009 2X20? #5  
JamBX... The ROPs fold all the way down. You must have seen the same picture on here of one of the guys with his ROPS sticking straight out behind the tractor.

There is a hole you can pin to do that but I sure don't know why one would.

Tom

/ 2009 2X20? #6  
I have 50 hrs on my B2920 and am not aware of any problems that need corrected. So far, it has been a wonderful machine that has exceeded my expectations. My only complaint is the toolbox is kind of hoky but that's no biggy. I highly recommend this model. good luck!
CJ

/ 2009 2X20? #7  
JamBX... The ROPs fold all the way down. You must have seen the same picture on here of one of the guys with his ROPS sticking straight out behind the tractor.

There is a hole you can pin to do that but I sure don't know why one would.

Tom

When I have my backhoe on, I can only drop the rops to that position sticking straight out parallel to the ground, resting on the bolt. But even without the backhoe on, I don't think I want to fold it over 180 degrees now that I have the worklights on the ROPS. Come to think of it, I never folded it all the way down, as I'd just leave the bolts in the 90 degree position and fold it to that point. Just quicker and easier, I guess.

95% of the time I'm working, the ROPS is up anyway.

/ 2009 2X20? #8  
Well, that explains that. I don't have a BH. Just a hoe. Thanks for explaining..