200cx loader parking stand

/ 200cx loader parking stand #11  
The first time I took a 200CX loader off on a concrete floor, I noticed how hard the parking stand slid on the concrete. Since then I keep a piece of plywood on the floor where I park the loader. The parking stand slides a lot easier on the plywood.

/ 200cx loader parking stand #12  
The first time I took a 200CX loader off on a concrete floor, I noticed how hard the parking stand slid on the concrete. Since then I keep a piece of plywood on the floor where I park the loader. The parking stand slides a lot easier on the plywood.

Have not had time to do much with this parking stand, except possibly plan fix.
I will call dealer on Monday but after reading about everyone else's issue I got a feeling dealer is not going to do much except quote me a price for a new part.
Here are a few pics pf the bent Parking stand.
As you can see it the bottom sits way to high and I can't even hing down the grill guard.
When trying to take the FEL off the stand bent instead of lifting the weight of the FEL frame.

Once I get this thing straight again (not sure how at this point) and the FEl off the tractor, I plan to take the stand off and weld a 1/4" plate x 3" plate making a TEE on the bottom of the tube.
It will be really tough to bend that.

Paul

Attachments

• Bent @ weld.JPG
    Bent @ weld.JPG
    927.6 KB · Views: 446
  • Bent stand 2.jpg
    Bent stand 2.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 432
  • Bent Stand frt.jpg
    Bent Stand frt.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 370
  • bent stand 1.jpg
    bent stand 1.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 408
   / 200cx loader parking stand #13  
I don't know much about the 200cx, but someone mentioned the way the parking stand slides on the ground during the removal process. The parking stand on my 70A loader does the same thing. When removing the loader, I put the tractor in neutral so instead of dragging the parking stand across the ground, the tractor just rolls instead.

/ 200cx loader parking stand #14  
I tried to put my 200cx loader on while still having the mount for the front pto in place. As others have stated this does not work!
However, I used a chain from the stand to the bucket and slowly curled till the stand would clear. I now leave the front 3pt hookup in place all the time since I use it for my broom attachment every few weeks and it makes changeover quicker.
I also always put the tractor in Neutral no brake whe removing or replacing the loader

/ 200cx loader parking stand #15  
I now have a BIG cardboard sign that I hang on my loader when it's off the tractor that says "REMOVE FRONT QUICK HITCH".

/ 200cx loader parking stand #16  
I now have a BIG cardboard sign that I hang on my loader when it's off the tractor that says "REMOVE FRONT QUICK HITCH".

I understand bending the stand if the Quick Hitch is in place. However, the hitch was not installed and I was in the process of removing FEL -- Not installing it whenthe stand bent.
Called dealer this morning, of course its out of warranty, dealer has no record of an parking stand issues.
Dealer had me call John Deere customer service.
Spoke to a very nice woman who stated John Deere has no recoreds of any issues with the 200CX parking stand.
According to her no one has ever reported a bending issue with the parking stand on the 200CX.
I sent her the pictures of mine and advised he of the forums where people are discussing this issue.
She stated you cannot believe what you read on the forum sites!

Anyway they want the dealer to come out and look at the stand before statinf they will do anything.
Service call will cost me $95.00
New Stand is $236 plus tax.
I can change out stand myself.

Should I just order a new stand OR see if JD will do something????
If I just buy the new stand the issue with JD will just be closed.
P.S. dealer agreed the stand should be flat plate like the 300CX and agreed if I weld a 1/4" tee shaped fin on bottom would really add a lot of strenght to the tube.

/ 200cx loader parking stand #17  
I will call dealer on Monday but after reading about everyone else's issue I got a feeling dealer is not going to do much except quote me a price for a new part.
As you can see it the bottom sits way to high and I can't even hing down the grill guard.
When trying to take the FEL off the stand bent instead of lifting the weight of the FEL frame.

Once I get this thing straight again (not sure how at this point) and the FEl off the tractor, I plan to take the stand off and weld a 1/4" plate x 3" plate making a TEE on the bottom of the tube.

Paul

I bought my 2720 in September this year. Our parking stands are different. Mine has a pair of feet that slides on the floor.

112502_1536[00].jpg

/ 200cx loader parking stand #18  
Funny how there is never any issues they "know of." Sad. I've been reading about these stands year after year ever since they came out.
John Deere is starting to sound like the Ford Powerstroke of the tractor world, LOL. No problems but everywhere you read nothing but horror story after horror story.
I hope you read these forums John Deere, because there won't be one in my yard. I already own a Powerstroke, LOL.

/ 200cx loader parking stand #19  
Intersting to see you new 2012 model vs my 2011 model.
Why the change?
The feet will certainly slide easier then the tube.
The 300CX CX has similiar feet but uses a flat bar instead of a tube.

Spending the $95 for the dealer to come out here just documents the issue.
Depending on what JD decides will detrmine if I have to pay for a new stand.

/ 200cx loader parking stand #20  

Paul

Your last picture that shows the paint missing is where I have seen these stands bend my old 200 cx included. The trick has been mentioned and that is to let the loader push the tractor so the stand doesn't slide. Not sure what the feet that were pictured would actually do.