Comparison 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #11  
Tom,
I believe this has been mis-stated before. The BX2350, BX1850, BX24 NEVER had a plastic floor. The cracking problem was the fender where it extended under the steel floor. It resulted from the flexing of the steel floor when it was stepped on by the operator mounting the tractor. Kubota modified the fender in the problem area with stiffening ribs. The ribs proved to be insufficient, so a steel reinforcement for the floor was added. This reinforcement was very successful and was retrofitted and the fender was replaced under warranty, to supposedly, every BX2350, bx1850 and BX24 that suffered the crack and was returned to the dealer, even if the machine was well beyond the warranty period. There was no "Version" that you refer to.

The seat change was a Kubota good will gesture upgrade that applied to all the then current BXs as well as the older BX2230, BX1830 and BX23. I believe it also applied to several B Models. The new, more comfortable seat, was made available for a ridiculously low price of around $25. The good will period has passed and the seat now costs about $225. It was fitted to production BXs, Bs and some Ls.

Differences in the 50 series and 60 series are essentially:
Hood and fenders changed from plastic to steel. Engine side cowls remain plastic.
Priority valve changed slightly to allow a very slow movement of the loader at engine idle. 50 series required a fast idle to move the loader.
Change made in the HST to reduce the "abrupt stop" experienced in the 50 series.
Price increased.
3 point hitch made an extra cost option on the BX25.

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #12  
everybody has already summed it up for you. Its not a car/truck. Its a tractor where a model will have several years run to it. You might get different versions within model if there were issues. I am willing to bet BX25 will be the longest lasting running model.
With that being said, I wouldnt care more or less if it a 2011 or 2010 for BX25, and hopefully it wouldnt bother you either.

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #13  
i'd be more interested in the dealers prep of the machine the the build date
steve
bx25

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #14  
Same here, we bought a new M8540 last summer and couldn't care less when it was manufactured.

Just my 2 cents of course, but I just don't feel this way. If the money I pay is for a brand new machine, I expect a brand new machine, not one that's either been sitting on the lot for a year or two, nor one that's an earlier version of the "same" model ... unless of course the price reflects a not-very-fresh or not-the-latest-version model.

This was one of the deal breakers when I bypassed JD for Kubota: Most of the JD dealer's tractors in my range had been on their lot a good long time, such that they were offering discounts & package deals to try to move them. The problem was, those discounts still didn't make those tractors as attractive as the comparable Kubotas. Plus, it just felt wrong for a JD dealer to not be able to sell their tractors without a long period of them sitting on the lot, while Kubota is able to keep new, fresh, late models on their lot.

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #15  
I had forgotten that TrippleR. Perhaps the more meaningful question for the dealer goes something like " does this tractor have all the the latest revisions", or does this model have a version number, and is this the current version". The dash numbers do indicate changes within a production run of a particular model.

Very good idea as some people learned on some of the GL models, not always a big difference, but I would certainly want the latest version.

Just my 2 cents of course, but I just don't feel this way. If the money I pay is for a brand new machine, I expect a brand new machine, not one that's either been sitting on the lot for a year or two, nor one that's an earlier version of the "same" model ... unless of course the price reflects a not-very-fresh or not-the-latest-version model.

This was one of the deal breakers when I bypassed JD for Kubota: Most of the JD dealer's tractors in my range had been on their lot a good long time, such that they were offering discounts & package deals to try to move them. The problem was, those discounts still didn't make those tractors as attractive as the comparable Kubotas. Plus, it just felt wrong for a JD dealer to not be able to sell their tractors without a long period of them sitting on the lot, while Kubota is able to keep new, fresh, late models on their lot.

Refer to Chuck's post on latest newest version so you will get the latest version.

The sitting on the lot for a year or two would go under the category of condition which most of us already pay attention, ie faded paint, controls etc. If it is faded, I would expect a discount, if it "looks new", I don't mind paying new price, I trust my dealer enough not to have to check his invoice. Fortunately my dealer has a high rate of turnover, so unlike a dealer to the south, I have never seen a faded/weathered machine on his lot.

Like JOHNTHOMAS I go to my dealer for more than buying tractors and just like to look around.

I guess for me the most important things are:

Is this the latest model and if not I wouldn't buy it or expect a discount. (The exception being if the "improvement" was not to my liking.)

Is it in new/like new condition and if not wouldn't buy it or expect a significant discount.

All I have said is "when it was made" is unimportant to me, not model or condition, sorry if I was not clear.

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #16  
I agree with most of what's already been stated on the issue of your new BX25 being a 2010 or 2011, but I am aware of one possible change, though basically inconsequential. Sometime in 2010, Kubota slightly changed the curve on the top lip of the LA240 loader, either by design (not likely) or a change in tooling that went unnoticed. The only consequence of this that I know of is if you decide to order some of the pin on FEL accessories that BXpanded.com sells. You will need your serial number to order the correct version. If Kubota made any other changes, no one here has noticed.

Just make sure your new BX has little to no hours on it, is prepped correctly, and if your paying a decent price, not one that was sitting out on the lot for months on end and is paint faded. I think your going to love your new BX25 no matter the date of mfg. Post some pic's once you get it.

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #17  
The sitting on the lot for a year or two would go under the category of condition which most of us already pay attention, ie faded paint, controls etc. If it is faded, I would expect a discount, if it "looks new", I don't mind paying new price, I trust my dealer enough not to have to check his invoice. Fortunately my dealer has a high rate of turnover, so unlike a dealer to the south, I have never seen a faded/weathered machine on his lot.

Like JOHNTHOMAS I go to my dealer for more than buying tractors and just like to look around.

I guess for me the most important things are:

Is this the latest model and if not I wouldn't buy it or expect a discount. (The exception being if the "improvement" was not to my liking.)

Is it in new/like new condition and if not wouldn't buy it or expect a significant discount.

All I have said is "when it was made" is unimportant to me, not model or condition, sorry if I was not clear.
Agree.
If I buy "new" I want "new". New in a tractor is one that has never been owned by another tractor buying customer or hasn't been used one summer or long period of time on loan or rented by dealer. New is one that has been in the Kubota warehouse or dealers lot since it was shipped from the warehouse and looks "new" with no rust or damage and only the hours put on it during final assembly at the dealer and maybe a few hours moving it on the lot or letting a customer hear it idle or drive it around the lot. If there are any factors that make it appear less than new then I to expect a bit more discount or fluids and or filters or more hats or some concession.
The fact that one was built in Dec vs one that was built in Jan of the current model has no bearing on my decision making process or pricing.
Barlows does or did have a B model that was a couple of years old that another dealer couldn't/didn't sell and it was sent to Barlows to sell. It's a discontinued model but being sold as new with new warranty and new financing. I would expect a bigger than their normal discount to buy that tractor. Not sure that I wouldn't pay their normally discounted price if that model was still in production.

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #18  
Some of it has to do with Kubota running BXs for 6 months straight, and then running the same line to build L models, let's say. Production gets stock-piled until delivered to dealers. It's different from the auto industry, as I understand it.

This is not the case. KMA is a mixed assembly line. So you can have a BX followed by a T, followed by a ZD. They keep very little inventory at the production points, our regional warehouses keep some of the odd ball models but for the most part a vast majority of the inventory is at the dealers lots on floor plan.

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #19  
I'm saying a nice, shiny, latest-model-version BX25 that's been sitting on the lot for 2 years doesn't have the same value to me as one that has been on the lot for a week or two.

Maybe I'm too picky.

/ 2010 bx25 vs 2011 bx25 #20  
ORIGINAL POST...Hi -
I was just approved by Kubota for the 60 month 0 % deal on a BX25 plus some attachments. The dealer tells me he has a new tractor for me. I've asked is it a 2011. He says yes, it's a new one but he never will say it's a 2011. I've not seen it yet to check the serial number (A=2010 vs B=2011). My question is - do I care if it is a 2010? Is there any difference that would make the 2011 better than the 2010. I know they went to steel over plastic fenders sometime and they fixed the jerk stop issue but I don't know which release year that was.

Any opinions or suggestions would be welcome.
/kt

LAST POST......
I'm saying a nice, shiny, latest-model-version BX25 that's been sitting on the lot for 2 years doesn't have the same value to me as one that has been on the lot for a week or two.(Dec 2010...Jan 2011)

Maybe I'm too picky. SEE ORIGINAL POST [/quote]
Do you see any difference between these two posts?
One is the difference (could be) of one tractor (Born Dec 30,2010)being a day or two older than the other (Born Jan 1, 2011). No, this would not bother me in the least as previously stated. It wouldn't both me if one was even a month, 2, 6 or 8 months older if all other factors are the same.
Now the issue is a tractor that looks new and specifically a really fast selling model BX25 that has been sitting on the lot (my mind says lot equalling outside) for 730 days.:confused::confused: I'd be suspicious of this tractor or dealer which would cause me concern but it wouldn't be the age difference as much as the other concerns.