2011 Dk45hst won't start

/ 2011 Dk45hst won't start #11  
You have an '011 Kioti with how many hours? Why did you replace the battery?
I wouldn't change anything until you VERIFY correct voltage from the ground cable attached to the negative side of your battery, (where it attaches to your tractor's FRAME), to the positive side of your battery, at the battery positive post. When you crank the engine, or attempt to by turning the key to crank position what reading of voltage do you get both before and after turning the key? If your voltage drops from say nominal of around 12.xx volts down to next to nothing, then you have a grounding issue at the frame or somewhere in between. Ground cables and the battery terminal ends on the cables can and do go bad. If you have no or little voltage drop then make sure the connections at the battery and the frame are clean and tight, with no corrosion whatsoever. Then go up the line toward things like the ig switch, which can cause problems as already stated.

/ 2011 Dk45hst won't start
Thanks for the advice I'll try hunting for the problem again tomorrow otherwise I have to call a repair guy out (I'm 150 miles from the dealer :( )

/ 2011 Dk45hst won't start #13  
Thanks for the advice I'll try hunting for the problem again tomorrow otherwise I have to call a repair guy out (I'm 150 miles from the dealer :( )

Forget the dealer for now; answer the questions posed, and let's see what we can find out may be wrong.

It was simple, the battery connectors had some type of red buildup underneath them and I cleaned them and it seemed to fix the problem! I hope that solves it! thanks again for all the advice its great knowing you guys have my back! :thumbsup:

/ 2011 Dk45hst won't start #15  
It was simple, the battery connectors had some type of red buildup underneath them and I cleaned them and it seemed to fix the problem! I hope that solves it! thanks again for all the advice its great knowing you guys have my back! :thumbsup:

Are you saying that the battery cable ends had red buildup on the underside, and that cleaning them resolved the problem?
Are we to understand that you have replaced the original battery because of this situation?

No, I had the original battery tested it was an AC Delco. It tested bad, so they gave me another one. The dealer wasn't going to help me out which is kinda lame, but the battery was still under warranty, so I didn't go through the dealer to get it replaced I went to an AC Delco Rep. But that's another story.

/ 2011 Dk45hst won't start #17  
No, I had the original battery tested it was an AC Delco. It tested bad, so they gave me another one. The dealer wasn't going to help me out which is kinda lame, but the battery was still under warranty, so I didn't go through the dealer to get it replaced I went to an AC Delco Rep. But that's another story.

OK, you've got my attention. Now the rest of the story- spill dude:)
Did you say the hours on the tractor?
If not, please do so.

Its a long one! I bought a "new" 2011 tractor that had been sitting for about a year. It had its full warranty still. I recently had some problems starting it. So I checked the battery and it turned out to be bad. So I called ac delco and they said they wouldn't cover the battery since I didnt "buy" the battery from them. (even though it came with the tractor). I then called my dealer who said they would help me out at first and then said they would sell me a battery at cost. Finally I went to a local ac delco dealer and told them my story and they said they'd help me out. They exchanged it for me. It was kinda lame that my dealer left me hanging but I think it all worked out in the end. Do AC delco's batteries usually come in new kiotis?

/ 2011 Dk45hst won't start #19  
What the dealer sells with the tractor is what I'd say usually comes with the Kioti. Mine came with an Interstate battery, in both Kioti's I have owned. (Interstate is the ONLY battery I will use in any of my vehicles, tractor, boat, ATV, etc. I used to be a dealer for them.....)
When you say you 'checked the battery' and it turned out to be 'bad'- what did you do to make the determination the 'original' battery was 'bad'?
If your dealer installed the AC/Delco in the first place they could easily have replaced it under the battery's own warranty. Every manufacturer puts a coded date stamp on their battery's to determine when it was manufactured.
If the tractor sat for a year before you bought it they probably did not maintain the battery properly and it died a premature death.
Anyway, you got lucky for the sound of it and someone took mercy on you. Now you ought to make sure the new battery gets better care and it should last a decent life- assuming it is sized properly, correct cold cranking amps, (CCA), etc.

/ 2011 Dk45hst won't start #20  
I have a dead ck30 too. checked all battery cables....when key is turned there is a click but no lights on dash. After 10 minutes of fooling with it all of a sudden the motor started coughing, then running, but only if i kept the ignition switch to start...second i let it go, engine died. Oh, and while this was happening the only light on dash was the hour meter. Called local dealer and he agreed ignition switch ($85), but his stock coming is 3 days out. Does this jibe with ignition switch problem with you guys? I took the switch out, and the tiny phillips screw. can u pry apart the black and white ends of the body to get at the innards? Thanks, scott