2012 models

/ 2012 models #61  
Hey I had no idea about them trying (real hard!) to get you to purchase locally. I've found Kubota Canada in the past to be a real mom and pop type of operation and don't put this past them.

FYI there are people at Kubota Canada that read these forums and will report things you say here to your dealer whether you identify them, yourself or not. Please realize this when you post and refrain from posting anything negative as it will be used against you.

The good thing about Kubota Canada is that they sell Kubota tractors which are GREAT! and generally require little interaction with Kubota Canada. If you can find a good local dealer then you are all set. Sometimes it might make sense to pay more if you do have a good local dealer.

/ 2012 models #62  
FYI there are people at Kubota Canada that read these forums and will report things you say here to your dealer whether you identify them, yourself or not. Please realize this when you post and refrain from posting anything negative as it will be used against you.

The good thing about Kubota Canada is that they sell Kubota tractors which are GREAT! and generally require little interaction with Kubota Canada. If you can find a good local dealer then you are all set. Sometimes it might make sense to pay more if you do have a good local dealer.

OK I have to ask you.

When you say
"FYI there are people at Kubota Canada that read these forums and will report things you say here to your dealer whether you identify them, yourself or not. Please realize this when you post and refrain from posting anything negative as it will be used against you"

How do you know this to be a fact and if It were true It really don't bother me! It's time for Canadian vendors to smarten up and stop gouging Canadians. With the internet we have choices.

You also said, "Sometimes it might make sense to pay more if you do have a good local dealer". Man we shouldn't have to pay more for a good dealer! It's kubota Canada's responsibility to make sure all there dealers are good and I'm assuming they are. I know mine is but my gripe isn't with my dealer. It's with Kubota Canada gouging us.

Our dollar has been above par for over a year now and yet these machines are still over priced compared to the US Kubota's. I hope they do read this. I've mentioned this to my dealer more than a half a dozen times and you know what they said? They said, "we're aware of the price difference and we can't figure out why".

I purchased a new Mustang this summer and I can count on one finger how many accessories I bought in Canada for it. Basically everything was purchased in the USA and I got great service from the companies who I dealt with and I'm happy to contribute to the American economy because these companies operate fairly.

Have you purchased a magazine in Canada lately? Why do it say on the magazine $4.95 US, $6.95 Canada. I'll tell you why. Because we are getting ripped off that's why.

If your a Kubota dealer or know someone with Kubota Canada please do me a favor. Copy and paste my remarks and tell them to call me. :mad: They know who I am. Ya you can tell I'm worried :mad:

/ 2012 models #63  
I know this to be true because it affected me directly. 6 years ago when I purchases my L3400 from an incompetent dealer in my area (they are no longer a Kubota dealer). They really were incompetent beyond belief with no attention to detail. I had explicitly pointed out the jerky 3pt issue before purchase then and others were getting their valve replaced under warranty. They admitted it was crappy but then delivered me a tractor with the faulty valve anyway. The bush hog they delivered me was 4ft instead of the 5ft I had ordered and proceeded to tell me that by 'method of elimination' they had concluded I had the right one. I had to point out that the serial # on it did not even match the one on my invoice. The list went on.

A while later this PTO cam thing came up. In hindsight it was overblown IMHO but others were getting them replaced under warranty. I had no trust in them and had posted alng the lines of how incompetent they were without identifying them or myself. At the time I was pricing out a tractor at their competitor and proceeded to ask their service dept if they would address it under warranty. They checked with the Kubota rep and told me to go back to my dealer. The Kubota rep (I call him big brother) had been following my posts and had corelated who I was. He provided my dealer with a report telling them I was bad mouthing them on the internet and had been going to their competitor! I proceeded to get chewed out by the dealer who given his lack of attention to detail had not even really checked to see what I had really posted and whether I had even identified then (which I had not). He threatened to sue me :). I asked them to send me anything negative I ever posted identfying them. Never got a response.

The price of Kubota tractors in Canada is higher and their overall customer service is lower than the USA because they CAN keep it this way. The market will bear this. Same goes for magazines and cheetos. To play devils advocate Kubota is keeping US prices artificially low given the $/yen ratio. They don't have a choice because that market won't bear a huge increase at this time.

I don't agree with them pressuring US dealers not to sell to Canadians though. It goes against the spirit of free trade.

At the end of the day Kubota Japan makes a fine product and I choose to live with the idiosynchracies of their Canadian subsidiary as a result.

/ 2012 models #64  
At the end of the day Kubota Japan makes a fine product and I choose to live with the idiosynchracies of their Canadian subsidiary as a result.

I agree with this statement but It still don't mean I can't express my point of view. I hope Kabota got the're listening ears on. It's a well known fact we Canadians are paying to much for these tractors and the next one I buy won't be purchased in Canada if the pricing remains the same. Heck I'll start importing them if need be.

/ 2012 models #65  
I agree with this statement but It still don't mean I can't express my point of view. I hope Kabota got the're listening ears on. It's a well known fact we Canadians are paying to much for these tractors and the next one I buy won't be purchased in Canada if the pricing remains the same. Heck I'll start importing them if need be.

Without a doubt you do! The price delta has actually come down quite a bit from a few years ago - at least that is what I am seeing.

Do you have any thoughts on how you would go about importing one? Are you thinking brand new or slightly used? The problem with brand new is not being able to find a dealer to sell you one. Unless you have a relative or a friend in the USA in a sales tax free state who the tractor can be sold to and then resold to you.

/ 2012 models #66  
Without a doubt you do! The price delta has actually come down quite a bit from a few years ago - at least that is what I am seeing.

Do you have any thoughts on how you would go about importing one? Are you thinking brand new or slightly used? The problem with brand new is not being able to find a dealer to sell you one. Unless you have a relative or a friend in the USA in a sales tax free state who the tractor can be sold to and then resold to you.

It's very doable. I almost did it a few months ago but got a good enough price on the new 5740 HSTCC3 that it wasn't worth my while to do it. I did mention it to my dealer as well. There are ways to do it. The biggest down fall is no warranty. A lot of guys here are importing Harleys, Honda GoldWings with up to $8000. Savings from buying them here. It's worth the effort.

/ 2012 models #67  
I did find a dealer deep in the US that would sell me a tractor but the savings were long gone after I paid the freight and all the other crap at the border. I doubt you will find a well know Kubota US dealer that will sell to a Canadian.Yes we are getting raped here in Canada and we always have. Remember a few years back when a car or truck would cost $10000 more here than in the US and it wasn't all exchange either. We are a small captive market and large companies enjoy taking our money. Heck they pump the oil from under my house pipe it to the gulf coast and I still pay more for my gas. They can so they do.:mad::mad:

Oh ya..... my opinion on warranty.....worthless. I would rather have the money than the privilege to fight with a dealer over warranty