Price Check 2013 1025r FILB price check

/ 2013 1025r FILB price check #1  

rtm038

Silver Member
Hello all. I'm in the market for a new 1025r FILB and received a quote from the dealer I bought my 2520 TLB from back in 2008. Please tell me what you think of this quote:

2013 1025r FILB
Machine:.....................................................$ 22,348.00
Upgrade from49" to 53" bucket: ............... $ 171.40
Forward Light Kit (2 Lights):..................... $ 95.70
Warning Light Brush Guards:.................... $ 49.50
Freight:.......................................................$ 375.00
Set-up:........................................................$ 150.00
Delivery:.....................................................$ 80.00
Suggested Selling Price:............................. $ 23,269.60
Previous Customer Discount:..................... $ 1,984.73
Total Selling Cost (machine only):.............$ 21,284.87

Add-ons
54"Quick-Hitch Front Blade:.....................$ 515.00
Front Quick-Hitch and Hydraulic Lift:........$ 688.00
Hydraulic Angling:..................................... $ 187.00
Freight:........................................................$ 77.86
Set-up:.........................................................$ 320.00
Suggested Price:..........................................$ 1,787.86

Total cost of machine and add-ons:.............$ 23,072.73

/ 2013 1025r FILB price check #2  
Hello all. I'm in the market for a new 1025r FILB and received a quote from the dealer I bought my 2520 TLB from back in 2008. Please tell me what you think of this quote:

2013 1025r FILB
Machine:.....................................................$ 22,348.00
Upgrade from49" to 53" bucket: ............... $ 171.40
Forward Light Kit (2 Lights):..................... $ 95.70
Warning Light Brush Guards:.................... $ 49.50
Freight:.......................................................$ 375.00
Set-up:........................................................$ 150.00
Delivery:.....................................................$ 80.00
Suggested Selling Price:............................. $ 23,269.60
Previous Customer Discount:..................... $ 1,984.73
Total Selling Cost (machine only):.............$ 21,284.87

Add-ons
54"Quick-Hitch Front Blade:.....................$ 515.00
Front Quick-Hitch and Hydraulic Lift:........$ 688.00
Hydraulic Angling:..................................... $ 187.00
Freight:........................................................$ 77.86
Set-up:.........................................................$ 320.00
Suggested Price:..........................................$ 1,787.86

Total cost of machine and add-ons:.............$ 23,072.73

There should only be 1 setup fee. Never in my life would I pay $320 to have the tractor setup, only to be charged AGAIN, JUST to assemble the 54'' blade. There is virtually nothing to assembling it, that is all pocket money for them. There should be no setup fee and no freight charges for the 54'' blade. Also, there should not be freight charges on your tractor either, unless you are having it delivered to your home.

To me, the machine price seems to high, about $2,000 too high. As far as the oveall package goes, I feel it should be about $20,000 to $20,500.

/ 2013 1025r FILB price check #3  
There should only be 1 setup fee. Never in my life would I pay $320 to have the tractor setup, only to be charged AGAIN, JUST to assemble the 54'' blade. There is virtually nothing to assembling it, that is all pocket money for them. There should be no setup fee and no freight charges for the 54'' blade. Also, there should not be freight charges on your tractor either, unless you are having it delivered to your home.

To me, the machine price seems to high, about $2,000 too high. As far as the oveall package goes, I feel it should be about $20,000 to $20,500.

It is normal to see freight... It is what JD charges the dealer to deliver the tractor to their dealership. Setup is normal too. You will pay for it whether they break it out, or just bury it in the total in the form of less discount. You just have to look at the 1 number at the bottom. I prefer to have the setup "broke out", then you can choose to do whatever you feel comfortable with on your own.
Remember the dealer has 3 daughters in college, and 2 more that need braces.

/ 2013 1025r FILB price check

I'm gonna see if they can sharpen their pencil a bit more. I like the dealer and they are relatively local, but I don't feel like paying way more than I have too. Plus, I'm not even sure if their final price includes sales tax, which in NJ is 7%.

It is normal to see freight... It is what JD charges the dealer to deliver the tractor to their dealership. Setup is normal too. You will pay for it whether they break it out, or just bury it in the total in the form of less discount. You just have to look at the 1 number at the bottom. I prefer to have the setup "broke out", then you can choose to do whatever you feel comfortable with on your own.
Remember the dealer has 3 daughters in college, and 2 more that need braces.

I may just tell them that I'll assemble the blade myself. Its not that hard anyway. I just wish they offered a bigger blade. When I bought a used 54" blade for my 2520, I had a local welder make it wider and taller which worked out great. The only other option is an aftermarket one but the blade alone is $1,500

Well, I sent an email to the dealer this morning telling him that I'd assemble the lights and plow blade and also asked about the sales tax. He responded and said that tax was not included. That puts the total price with tax to 24,346.42 with me doing the lights and plow and my dealer discount.

/ 2013 1025r FILB price check #7  
I don't know where you are from, but it seems that a 12-18 percent discount is the norm. I got 17.4 on my 4720, but there was freight and setup on top of that (< $1000).
Get a few competitive bids in the area and go with the dealer that you feel will best serve you for the rest of eternity.
No disrespect for the dealers that sell all over the country, but I believe buying a tractor is a local matter. If your local dealer isn't good enough to sell you a tractor, he sures the HE11 ain't good enough to service it. Sounds like you like your local guy. That is worth some $$$.
I stress that there is no reason that your local guy should not give you a good price.
When you need a mechanic in a pinch it's nice to have a good relationship locally.

I don't know where you are from, but it seems that a 12-18 percent discount is the norm. I got 17.4 on my 4720, but there was freight and setup on top of that (< $1000).
Get a few competitive bids in the area and go with the dealer that you feel will best serve you for the rest of eternity.
No disrespect for the dealers that sell all over the country, but I believe buying a tractor is a local matter. If a dealer isn't good enough to sell you a tractor, he sures the HE11 ain't good enough to service it.

From northern NJ. I'm gonna shop some other dealers and see what they say. If they're all on the same page, I'll have to decide between staying green or checking out another color :eek:. Don't get me wrong, the 1025r FILB is a nice machine, but there are others out there that are just as nice (or close) for a good deal less money.

/ 2013 1025r FILB price check #9  
I'll have to decide between staying green or checking out another color :eek:. Don't get me wrong, the 1025r FILB is a nice machine, but there are others out there that are just as nice (or close) for a good deal less money.

Just remember, the dealer network, parts network, online parts diagrams, service tech's skill level. There is more to the total value than dollars. Why are you going "down" to the 1025 from the 2520?

Just remember, the dealer network, parts network, online parts diagrams, service tech's skill level. There is more to the total value than dollars. Why are you going "down" to the 1025 from the 2520?

Oh, I know that value of buying JD and I don't have any plans of letting the costs make my decision. I sold the 2520 because all of my bigger landscape projects were done and now I just need a smaller TLB that I can keep on hand to tackle smaller projects with for the next few years.