2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #91  
Leaf springs are horse and buggy technology. They are heavy and most of that weight is unsprung. With a typical leaf spring rear end there is no positive location of the axle, it can spring in any direction. If you think there is a cheaper suspension type than leaf spring you are dreaming. Heavy duty vehicles use leaf springs because it is the cheapest way to spring a heavy load period. I have had them sag and snap right off. Yada yada yada. ..

I disagree,
Heavy Duty is just that "Heavy Duty" No way can coil suspensions come close to leaf suspension in terms of duty cycle and load-its just not possible. I would rather go torsion suspension than coil on a heavy duty setup. If you want comfort then dont have a need for a heavy duty-its what I call a tractor :) It has a purpose rather than just going from point a to b.

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #92  
It will be interesting to find out what they did to increase the capacity of the 3500HD. No doubt it has a heavier rear axle, hopefully 19.5" wheels and commercial grade tires. Competition is good, this will make the others improve their trucks. Wonder if this truck has a longer wheelbase? You're getting into the medium duty class trucks weight ratings, probably why they don't call this a 4500 due to licensing problems.

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #93  
Dont they still have a Donkey for a hood ornament?

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #94  
I am starting to like the dodge. Even through I would never "need" it but I just like big stuff.

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #95  
mikehaugen said:
someone needs to frame this! :laughing:
True, now if only there was a way to show it on every thread like some type of signature or completely wrong and misleading avatar... ;-)

Let the towing and HP/TQ wars continue. Soon we'll all be hauling 20k lb campers with a 10k lb boat in tandem to our weekend getaways in a 10k lb diesel pickup making 1000 lb-ft! Kind of wish they stood away from DEF...

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #96  
Its not a donkey as a hood ornaments, its a Ram, and its very macho, so don't make fun of what you don't understand. :) As far as the DEF goes, I actually think its a good thing. I think it cuts back on all the DPF regens and stuff and in the long run, saves some MPG and money.

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #97  
True, now if only there was a way to show it on every thread like some type of signature or completely wrong and misleading avatar... ;-)

Let the towing and HP/TQ wars continue. Soon we'll all be hauling 20k lb campers with a 10k lb boat in tandem to our weekend getaways in a 10k lb diesel pickup making 1000 lb-ft! Kind of wish they stood away from DEF...

Hey, I have no problem saying someone got it right. Big capacity, upgraded Cummins, a real tranny, ect. Whats not to like? Me personally, I don't care for the styling. Your generation Dodge to me were the best exteriors but I never cared for my 2500's interior. Dodge has made improvements in that dept also.

Chris

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #98  
Its not a donkey as a hood ornaments, its a Ram, and its very macho, so don't make fun of what you don't understand. :) As far as the DEF goes, I actually think its a good thing. I think it cuts back on all the DPF regens and stuff and in the long run, saves some MPG and money.

I agree. It was only a matter of time for DEF.

Chris

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #99  
Dodge has been using the Ram for a hood ornament since at least the late '40's on their cars and trucks. My '12 F-450 uses DEF and so far it's a non-issue. The regens come about the same mileage but they last half as long as they did on my '08 F-450. The new Ram probably will see a mileage improvement to go along with the DEF. I'm anxious to see the specs for the 3500HD.

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #100  
I miss the when they used the actual hood ornament, instead of the badge that they use now. I had one on an '89 and it was lucky enough to not get stolen. :laughing: