2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #21  
The Torqshift came out in '03 with the 6.0L. It's a slick unit. It's based off the 4R100 in that the geartrain was based off it. A fella named Chris Kokkonis(sp?) did a lot of the geartrain engineering on it.

I rebuilt a couple of them before I left the Ford dealer in '04. They have no valve body to speak of. The early models had line pressure solenoids that would stick and cause either too low of pressure or deadhead the pump.

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #22  
The new Ram 3500 diesel looks good from what I have read about it, I would like to get a 3500 SRW as DP recommends.

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #23  
r.

. Most of you kid "supertruckers" and non commercial use diesel buyers like the feel, smoothness and rev of a V-8 diesel. They've probably never even driven a class 6 or bigger CDL truck and know what 6cyl pull and torque feel like.[/QUOTE]

I'm probably older than your father-in any case the truck in my barn has an ENDT -675! And as for the Torqueshift's age, looks like Peacock corrected the issue-I did not realize it was as old as it is.

Attachments

• IMG_0179.jpg
    IMG_0179.jpg
    366 KB · Views: 201
   / 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #24  
.I'm probably older than your father-in any case the truck in my barn has an ENDT -675! And as for the Torqueshift's age, looks like Peacock corrected the issue-I did not realize it was as old as it is.

My father just died. Thanks for reminding me.

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #25  
Uncle Sam's GM Investment Is Still Coming Up Short - DailyFinance

technically, they did pay it back. Though the government still probably stands to lose some money on the deal. I don't necessarily like the bailout either but I think it was necessary. Had this not happened, the ripple effect of GM going under would have had a huge negative impact on our economy. GM kept a lot of people employed, and not just GM employees. And they did "pay it back" way ahead of schedule.

But I guess this is not thread started for political views and I too can't wait to see what is ahead on the coming years. I definitely like the way trucks are headed. I used to have the view that "they don't build them like they used to" about everything, but when it comes to trucks- the more I see the more I realize that is a good thing I suppose, though admittedly I was a little relenting to admit that.

Mike, I disagree. Gm may (or may not) have paid back the loan, but the problem is not the loan, it's the gov't playing favorites and picking winners & losers. GM union workers got bailout benefits, but what about Delphi? Those workers got HOSED.
What about Ford? How do those employees feel when they see GM with a 28 billion advantage?
Just from a buyers standpoint, GM has all that money to offer in incentives that Ford doesn't have. It gives GM an advantage over Ford.
Our goverment is supposed to stay out of these issues and let the bankruptcy courts handle them. My guess is GM would have been divided up and sold to other car manufacturers or allowed to continue under bankruptcy protection. The union workers would have probably gotten their jobs back.
What most people don't understand is that bankruptcy is NOT the end of a company. bankruptcy actually allows a business to go on living, but gives them more time to pay their creditors.
In the presidential election, I believe many Americans didn't understand this. They thought bankruptcy meant the "end" for GM, when in fact, it didn't.

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #26  
   / 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #27  
Mike, I disagree. Gm may (or may not) have paid back the loan, but the problem is not the loan, it's the gov't playing favorites and picking winners & losers. GM union workers got bailout benefits, but what about Delphi? Those workers got HOSED.
What about Ford? How do those employees feel when they see GM with a 28 billion advantage?
Just from a buyers standpoint, GM has all that money to offer in incentives that Ford doesn't have. It gives GM an advantage over Ford.
Our goverment is supposed to stay out of these issues and let the bankruptcy courts handle them. My guess is GM would have been divided up and sold to other car manufacturers or allowed to continue under bankruptcy protection. The union workers would have probably gotten their jobs back.
What most people don't understand is that bankruptcy is NOT the end of a company. bankruptcy actually allows a business to go on living, but gives them more time to pay their creditors.
In the presidential election, I believe many Americans didn't understand this. They thought bankruptcy meant the "end" for GM, when in fact, it didn't.
Good points- Points that Mitt and his stupid handlers did not point out. Had the normal bankruptcy procedures been followed, my bet is GM would have survived-perhaps a smaller GM but I think everyone involved would have recognized that a lot more was at stake than just GM. Unfortunately, the only messager that came through was..."Mitt said let them go bankrupt". I was involved in the chapter 11 filing of a very large privately held company. That company is doing very well today. when done correctly, it works.

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #28  
While gm paid back the loan they did so by selling $500, 000, 000 millon, yes 500 millon dollars, in stock to the us government at roughly $35 per share. We as tax payers are hosed with stock that is worth $22.

Chris

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #29  
This is not political a political statement, but one to show you how our gov't plays favorites.
Did you know the GM Chevy Volt costs $89,000 to build and sells for $49,000?
Guess who subsidizes the other $40,000????

If I was a Ford employee, I'd be fit to be tied. Imagine 2 private companies: One did the right thing 5+ years ago and massively sold off assets, offered early retirements & buyouts and dang near went bankrupt itself but survived. The other kept multiple layers of inefficiency and went bankrupt. The government rewarded the one who ran their company into the ground.
This has nothing to do with the quality of the vehicles, but having an extra 28 billion to offer longer warranties than Ford, better financing rates than Ford, etc is UNFAIR.

/ 2013 looks to be a good year for Ram HD trucks #30  
Think I knew that???? In any case sorry about that.

You're right, but it might not be a bad idea to remember that you take a chance anytime you talk on line about someone's mother or father, children for that matter. Best to leave family out. In any case, sorry to put you on the spot, you didn't know, but I recently lost him and it still causes a lot of pain.
The torqshift emerged in '03, 2 model year after GM. Ford put a lot of 7.3's with a decent amount of torque in front of some pretty weak transmissions before that. Even after they brought it out, they always lagged behind GM (pre-bailout) in transmission technology.