2014 Chevy/GMC specs

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #161  
No just stupid salesmen ordering them like that.

Or the fact that most people don't buy them for towing heavy loads. The 17's looked better, and people quite often buy on looks. So the salesmen order what sells...

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #162  
I found they share a few things, I think it resembles the LS motors.

Inside GM

Yes it does resemble the Gen. III and Gen. IV engines.

Resemble is the key word. Most all pushrod engines of modern design are gonna be pretty similar from here on out. They've pretty well got the design down pat.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #163  
Yes it does resemble the Gen. III and Gen. IV engines.

Resemble is the key word. Most all pushrod engines of modern design are gonna be pretty similar from here on out. They've pretty well got the design down pat.

A Hemi looks different than a Chevy Gen 3 or 4.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #164  
The problem was never the engine or fuel consumption for what it was. The problem was the quality of my 2011 was way below my expectations in a $48,000 truck and what it should be. That's hovering on BMW sedan territory and trust me, the quality between the two ain't even in the same stratosphere. My 2004 Z71 was a great truck, if it had the 6.2 and 6 speed it would have been my favorite truck. I'll never even look at a GMT-900 again for as long as I live and consider buying it or recommending it to others who ask me.

BMW's ain't all that either...I work with people who have them, if you think a GM has expensive maintenance costs and warranty issues---You should own one of them...My GMC is darn near free compared to what the high-end sedan people put out annually.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #165  
BMW's ain't all that either...I work with people who have them, if you think a GM has expensive maintenance costs and warranty issues---You should own one of them...My GMC is darn near free compared to what the high-end sedan people put out annually.

Any German car is is expensive to work on.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #166  

I'd love to own a BMW but not crazy about the higher insurance and taxes that come with it. My area would stick it to me good too because they stuck me with an $850 tax bill on my GMC. I think BMW now offers 4 years 50,000 miles free maintenance. I never had an issue with GM maintenance being expensive, but my dealers shop was terrible. Salesman were great but the shop was terrible. You'd call for an appointment and they'd always tell you "bring it by first thing in the morning". You'd be the first one there and were lucky if they even looked at it before 11:00. I ended up taking it to another dealer that had a reputation for bad salesman and high prices but a great shop. Just stinks when you have to buy from one dealer to get a good price and go to another to get decent service. The foreign dealers don't seem to be this way in my experience.

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #168  
That is way too big of tires on it. I know a guy that has that same combo, it is gear like a airplane. With those tires it should have had 4.10's

I agree. I have had half a dozen 5.4 F150's with 3.73 & one with 4.10 gears. All good towing trucks and much stronger with a load behind them than friends 5.3 GM's.

Chris

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #169  

My 2007 335I just turned 80,000 miles today. Only in the shop once for a head light issue. Plus it will do mid 4 secs 0 to 60 and a 1/4 mile in the mid 12 seconds. Love blowing the doors off so called muscle cars with my 4 door sedan and a baby seat in the back. Just made my college roommate look funny on Memorial Day in his wifes new Camaro...

Chris

/ 2014 Chevy/GMC specs #170  
I'd love to own a BMW but not crazy about the higher insurance and taxes that come with it. My area would stick it to me good too because they stuck me with an $850 tax bill on my GMC. I think BMW now offers 4 years 50,000 miles free maintenance. I never had an issue with GM maintenance being expensive, but my dealers shop was terrible. Salesman were great but the shop was terrible. You'd call for an appointment and they'd always tell you "bring it by first thing in the morning". You'd be the first one there and were lucky if they even looked at it before 11:00. I ended up taking it to another dealer that had a reputation for bad salesman and high prices but a great shop. Just stinks when you have to buy from one dealer to get a good price and go to another to get decent service. The foreign dealers don't seem to be this way in my experience.

Mine came with 5 / 70,000 free maintenance. Brakes, wiper blades, oil changes, tranny fluid change, ect everything but tires.

To date I have spent $500 on one set of tires. Not bad for a 6 year old car with 80,000 miles. Very cheap to operate and gets 25.5 mpg since new and 30 plus on the highway all while out running about anything on the road.

Next oil change is due at 82,000 miles, the first thing other than the set of tires I put on at 60K I will have to pay out of pocket.

Chris