2014 GM Sierra/Silverado

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #11  
i heard a redone interior and sheet metal to me from the fron clip back the truck looks like a 2011 the dash likes different then my 2011 3500hd

Not true! The doors close within the cab again, and the rockers are of a better design too. Projector beam headlights, direct inje tion, 6' 1/2. Box on the crew cab models... :)

And a return of the 73'-87' body lines. :)

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #12  
The upcoming 6.2 is supposed to be around 450HP...With even better mileage...I'm getting interested now.

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #13  
The upcoming 6.2 is supposed to be around 450HP...With even better mileage...I'm getting interested now.

I would really like to see the torque numbers on that. If this rings true and the torque numbers are close to the hp numbers, that would be a nice package. Hopefully it ends up in the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks too.

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #14  

That is in the new Vette with 450 ft lbs as well and doing better than 26 MPG (what the current Vette does). I bet the trucks won't seen anywhere near those numbers.

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #15  
That is in the new Vette with 450 ft lbs as well and doing better than 26 MPG (what the current Vette does). I bet the trucks won't seen anywhere near those numbers.

The article i read said that this 6.2 will be shared with the GMC's...maybe a little less horsepower, but I'll bet not much..The current 6.2 has 404HP

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #16  
Diesel power and fuel economy. Without the price of the diesel option, extra diesel service costs, diesel complexity and higher price per gallon for diesel vs gasoline.

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #17  
I wish this were true. I like the 6.2 L a lot but there is a big difference between 417 pound feet and 765 at much lower rpm. This point made, I do see where future higher torque numbers from gas engines with multigeared tranmissions could close the gap between gasoline and diesel power in work or pulling applications. I would not at all be surprised if gm could get an updated 6.2 to get 23-24 mpg unloaded on the highway if geared appropriately and in a more aerodynamic package. Even if trucks there is a good bit of room to improve the drag coefficient which would result in much better highway economy, regardless of engine.

John M

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #18  
I wish this were true. I like the 6.2 L a lot but there is a big difference between 417 pound feet and 765 at much lower rpm. This point made, I do see where future higher torque numbers from gas engines with multigeared tranmissions could close the gap between gasoline and diesel power in work or pulling applications. I would not at all be surprised if gm could get an updated 6.2 to get 23-24 mpg unloaded on the highway if geared appropriately and in a more aerodynamic package. Even if trucks there is a good bit of room to improve the drag coefficient which would result in much better highway economy, regardless of engine.

John M

No question that my 6.2 isn't really a grunt motor...It will light the rear tires with no effort (even loaded) but makes it's real pulling power at higher RPMs than a diesel...Personally I'm good with that..It's is a gasser after all.

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #19  
I certainly would be. That 6.2L is one hot engine. There will likely never be a gas engine that mimics the traits of a diesel exactly. That's ok though because each has its strengths and I would personally be disappointed if gm brought out a gas engine to be more "diesel-like" and lost the personality of what has become a great gasoline engine.

John M

/ 2014 GM Sierra/Silverado #20  
We already had lots of gas engines built to run like diesels in the 70's- 80's. They were awful.
When GM started stuffing their diesels in Fords & GM mediums way back, it improved medium duty reliability immediately.
I was fueling up today and a Ford pulled up with a 370 gasser with the typical exhaust manifold leak they all eventually got. I thought I was back in 1984 driving my F-700 with a whopping 175HP gas motor.