2014 Hay Season

/ 2014 Hay Season #201  
Reference Bigfoot62 comment: If we waited to cut hay here when there is a 20% rain forecast we would never get any hay baled!!!!! We usually go for it unless there's better than a 50% chance and i rarely have hay get rained on.

/ 2014 Hay Season
Reference Bigfoot62 comment: If we waited to cut hay here when there is a 20% rain forecast we would never get any hay baled!!!!! We usually go for it unless there's better than a 50% chance and i rarely have hay get rained on.

It's a gamble either way,I have been dumped on with a 20% couple times and wait on the 50% and nothing ever happened. Alsong not couple days in a row high chance will go ahead and cut on those days just don't like them % at bailing time. Got the Tedder this year and now just use it any way hay looks so much better when done,cuts some time off in field too. I think was a sound investment,that will last me many years...

/ 2014 Hay Season #203  
IIRC, I think that the week in question had from a 20% up to a 70% chance of rain.

Turns out it was good to wait. The following week was perfect weather. Got it all done and hauled to a customer. Had an order for 55 rolls, delivered, and I baled 52. Took 3 out of the barn to fill the order.

That's it. It's over for this year. My total harvest was 290 rolls (4x5) from 55 acres. (4 cuttings) That's the best hay season I've had in about 5 or 6 years. :thumbsup:

/ 2014 Hay Season
IIRC, I think that the week in question had from a 20% up to a 70% chance of rain.

Turns out it was good to wait. The following week was perfect weather. Got it all done and hauled to a customer. Had an order for 55 rolls, delivered, and I baled 52. Took 3 out of the barn to fill the order.

That's it. It's over for this year. My total harvest was 290 rolls (4x5) from 55 acres. (4 cuttings) That's the best hay season I've had in about 5 or 6 years. :thumbsup:
Amen to that. Guess will be seeing you around next season,maybe will have two good ones in a row

/ 2014 Hay Season #205  
Amen to that. Guess will be seeing you around next season,maybe will have two good ones in a row
We can hope so, anyway.

Just because it's winter, doesn't mean "hay season" is completely over. I've already covered about 30 acres with the Hay King renovator plow. Got about 25 more to go. We got almost 1.5" of rain last night. Probably be a few days before I can finish up.

/ 2014 Hay Season
We can hope so, anyway.

Just because it's winter, doesn't mean "hay season" is completely over. I've already covered about 30 acres with the Hay King renovator plow. Got about 25 more to go. We got almost 1.5" of rain last night. Probably be a few days before I can finish up.

I been over seeding rye grass in the 30acre meadow at house and then in some the cattle pastures we have them shut out of. I have feed 6bales so far(just the really cold days),a lot of dead grass to get them try clean up,been putting the 28% Hi Energy tubs out in stead right now.

/ 2014 Hay Season #207  
I been over seeding rye grass in the 30acre meadow at house and then in some the cattle pastures we have them shut out of. I have feed 6bales so far(just the really cold days),a lot of dead grass to get them try clean up,been putting the 28% Hi Energy tubs out in stead right now.

Yessir,
When I had cattle here, that's what they got too. Super Blocks and free choice hay. Stayed in good shape year round.
If the hay is good, they get everything else they need from the energy block.

/ 2014 Hay Season
Yeah they don't hustle much when easy bale hay out.

/ 2014 Hay Season #209  
The weather out here in az kinda sucks where getting rain but its spread out to where we can't do anything with the fields and not enough to shut the irrigation off

/ 2014 Hay Season #210  
I had a good hay season just enough rain and sun. put up around 600 small square bales and 75 round bales. This year I mowed and conditioned my bigger fields and it went to a local buffalo farm. They brought in a Kubota and round bailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-IykuMMvzs

Attachments

• IMG_1696 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1696 - Copy.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1704 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1704 - Copy.JPG
    234.1 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1697 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1697 - Copy.JPG
    222.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0210 - Copy.JPG