Price Check 2014 LS G3038

/ 2014 LS G3038 #1  

hks003

Silver Member
Tractor
2014 LS G3038
Hi,

I found an LS G3038 on a local classifieds site similar to Craigslist. It has a FEL and 5 ft bush hog with it. It is a 2014 with 133 hours, and in the pictures looks brand new. He's asking $12,500 for it. Is that a reasonable price? I've priced new G3035's at $18k or so, so it seems like a pretty good deal. Does the '14 have the Tier 4 emissions mess on it?

/ 2014 LS G3038 #2  
I normally don't like to reply to questions unless I have a solid reference behind my reply. In this case, all I know for sure is that this tractor has an LS L3AL engine.

I have only an educated guess. The LS G30XX tractors do not have exhaust after treatment for emissions. The XG30XX and XG31XX do have exhaust after treatment. The only way to know for sure is to look at the tractor. If it has a standard muffler with no sensors or wires going to it, it does not have exhaust after treatment (Diesel Particulate Filter).

Also note that tractors are not built/sold by model years as cars/trucks are, however they do have to meet the prevailing emissions standard for the year they are manufactured. I also don't refer to Tier designations any more since it is way complicated (Link to EPA website). Note there were no Tier 3 emissions in engines less than 75hp unless the manufacturer took advantage of the many options available. So this engine is possibly Tier 2 or Tier 4 Interim. Like I said, the only way to know if it has exhaust after treatment is to look at it.

/ 2014 LS G3038
I went and test drove it. No tier 4 dpf or regen cycle! I think I'm going to pull the trigger!