2014 TANK L60 Parking Brake wont engage when ran for a while.

/ 2014 TANK L60 Parking Brake wont engage when ran for a while. #1  

dshoffman77

Tractor
Cub Cadet TANK L 60
I'm still beating up on the dealer, but thought I'd see if anyone has seen this issue.

After cutting a 1 acre lot, and the engine, pumps, etc have all been working for about an hour. And ESPECIALLY if the day it hot (80-90 degrees). When I pull the lever to set the parking brake the cables "feel restricted" and the mechanical arm that slides to push the switch closed (under the seat) will not fully move, thus not closing the switch. When I release the brake it feels like the cables are not "free" enough to fully disengage the brakes.

The dealer has replaced the linkage, but now I think the problem is elsewhere.

When the mower hasnt been running for a while or if the day is cool this doesnt seem to be a problem.

Has anyone had this kind of problem and if so what has been your experience with the resolution?

/ 2014 TANK L60 Parking Brake wont engage when ran for a while. #2  
dshoffman77,

Looking at a parts diagram for your unit, and considering the heat component of your issue versus when its cold, ... I'm wondering if your brake shoes are not properly adjusted when cold and the brake is off. If the brakes are really partially on (dragging), when added to the heat of the day and the heat transferred from the hydro unit, ... is it possible that the heat expanded parts (drum and shoes) can't move sufficiently to properly engage, because there just isn't enough slack in the lever and cables to lock the shoes into place? Just a thought, and maybe way off base. Good Luck!

Gene