2015 GC 1720 LED Dash Conversion & 20" Sirius LED Light Bar & LED Reverse Light

/ 2015 GC 1720 LED Dash Conversion & 20" Sirius LED Light Bar & LED Reverse Light #21  
Re: 2015 GC 1720 LED Dash Conversion & 20" Sirius LED Light Bar & LED Reverse Light

Clipse3GT do you still like your 20" Motoalliance light bar? If you had to do the set up over, what might you change if anything. I'm thinking of getting the same set up. Need mo light for plowing out the drive at night and late night baling. Also I sent you a PM.
Thanks
Keith

/ 2015 GC 1720 LED Dash Conversion & 20" Sirius LED Light Bar & LED Reverse Light
Re: 2015 GC 1720 LED Dash Conversion & 20" Sirius LED Light Bar & LED Reverse Light

Clipse3GT do you still like your 20" Motoalliance light bar? If you had to do the set up over, what might you change if anything. I'm thinking of getting the same set up. Need mo light for plowing out the drive at night and late night baling. Also I sent you a PM.
Thanks
Keith

Couple of things I noticed is that the setup works very well when you have a longer driveway since you can light up everything in the distance. The 20" Motoalliance light bar I would say is more spot vs. flood beam. So if you want just to light up a wide area a different setup with 60* flood vs. 20* flood might work better. Do not get me wrong it lights up a lot of area, just a bit more focused then pure flood mode. It all depends on how and where you will use it. Since the it focus more in the center it is great for plowing and backhoe work, didn't use it yet with mowing so can't speak for that. If you need to just light up a wide area pure flood might be better. Otherwise, I used the lights in the snow and rain and the very cold. No issues with the relays, wiring, and most importantly the lighting, also no fogging up on the inside of the lens after use in wet environment. The polycarbonate lens are pretty scratch resistant after whacking a few branches with the ROPS.

Overall, I like the setup very much for what I use the tractor for. I will try to get a proper night picture tonight or in the morning plowing again so you get the idea of the beam pattern. Yes, the lights are very bright.

/ 2015 GC 1720 LED Dash Conversion & 20" Sirius LED Light Bar & LED Reverse Light #23  

Thanks much - Sounds like exactly what I need.

/ 2015 GC 1720 LED Dash Conversion & 20" Sirius LED Light Bar & LED Reverse Light

Thanks much - Sounds like exactly what I need.

Here is a shot I took with my DSLR. Gives you an idea of the power output of this light. I setup it up how you would generally have it setup and face it towards the ground not towards distant horizon. It can light up the woods in the foreground as well. Decreased visibility with the snow flurry.

DSC_0230_zpsyoxfq1jo.jpg

double post

Last edited:
   / 2015 GC 1720 LED Dash Conversion & 20" Sirius LED Light Bar & LED Reverse Light #26  

Sweeeeeeeeeeet

Need to get them ordered Thanks for the picture
On edit
Just got everything ordered from Motoalliance (on sale) and the mounts from UTV parts and accessories. Its my birthday present from the wife :D Should get here about then too.

Clipse3GT - thanks so much for the help
PS: What type and brand snow blade is that. Looks like you can adjust it hydraulically.

Keith

Last edited:
   / 2015 GC 1720 LED Dash Conversion & 20" Sirius LED Light Bar & LED Reverse Light #27  

Well Motoalliance came through and the light arrived on time undamaged. That's a good thing as our local delivery folks are very hard on packages. However UTV, the mount source is behind the 8 ball on shipping and communication. While they answer the phone, email contact seams non existent. I discovered I may have been overcharged on the mount too. Clipse3GT's link takes you to the Kubota page on their website where the light bar mount is $49.99, However if you search their web site the same mount is listed under Accessories for $39.99. It looks identical to the picture on the Kubota page. I have emailed them for an explanation - we shall see.

I only hope my mounts are not caught up in that snow storm you east coast folks are or will be enjoying.
BTW I pray everyone stays safe.

/ 2015 GC 1720 LED Dash Conversion & 20" Sirius LED Light Bar & LED Reverse Light #28  

Well Motoalliance came through and the light arrived on time undamaged. That's a good thing as our local delivery folks are very hard on packages. However UTV, the mount source is behind the 8 ball on shipping and communication. While they answer the phone, email contact seams non existent. I discovered I may have been overcharged on the mount too. Clipse3GT's link takes you to the Kubota page on their website where the light bar mount is $49.99, However if you search their web site the same mount is listed under Accessories for $39.99. It looks identical to the picture on the Kubota page. I have emailed them for an explanation - we shall see.

I only hope my mounts are not caught up in that snow storm you east coast folks are or will be enjoying.

Its very likely that the difference in price was a "finder's fee" or whats called a "click charge" or click thru. You really don't think yahoo and google give away their search capability for free just to be nice guys.

Think of it as the sales commission. It isn't the manufacturer's error or fault. Same thing happens on numerous of the things you buy from tractorbynet . . Or many times company websites where the retail store has something on sale cheaper than on the company website. Point is . . You wouldn't have found the product without the kubota link that kubota featured. And the manufacturer will have paid kubota for the effort. This is extremely common and normal activity . . Its wlso why when I do google searches I never choose tbe links that have the "colored" "Ad" inficator on them because they are paid advertuding. Its also why I always go to websites directly.

As an example . . Tractorbynet advertises the Ratchet Rake Snowedge. But I went to Ratchet Rakes webdite on my own because i heard about it from a couple posters and not from Tractorbynets ad. So I ordered mine direct . . .not thru a click thru process or 2nd party. Not a huge difference in price but it was a difference . . .and also because sometimes manufacturers have a sale on their product that 2nd party entities aren't willing to pass on . . Or its quick sales by the manufacturer.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet

Need to get them ordered Thanks for the picture
On edit
Just got everything ordered from Motoalliance (on sale) and the mounts from UTV parts and accessories. Its my birthday present from the wife :D Should get here about then too.

Clipse3GT - thanks so much for the help
PS: What type and brand snow blade is that. Looks like you can adjust it hydraulically.

Keith

Keith,

No problem, I just pass the info along if I make a good find and works well.

It's a Mast Farm Service blade, they make custom farm accessories here in Ohio. Pretty small operation but they do a good fit and finish product. It is hydraulically angled via my bypass valve on the FEL.

You can find more info here:

Mast Farm Service - Millersbug, OH

IIRC, I paid $39.99, however, my shipping and tracking number came through without an issue. I think it shipped 1-2 days after I ordered. Got here in a few days. No issues with all the needed hardware. I am not sure where they are located but maybe a storm issue or vacation etc... I generally give a benefit of the doubt sometimes since most of these small websites are operated by single owners and not large corporations with a full infrastructure.