2015 John Deere 5045e

/ 2015 John Deere 5045e #11  
According to the downloadable PDF file from John Deere for their 5E series, on page 6, The 5045E, 5055E, 5065E, and 5075E are available in 2WD or MFWD versions. I believe, thou not sure, that the D series is no longer.

You are right, I was confusing the 2014 and older versions with the 2015 ones.

/ 2015 John Deere 5045e #12  
I have the 512 on a 5303 2WD, it has served me well, in hindsight, i would have gone with the QA, there are time when it's just in the way.

Ronnie

/ 2015 John Deere 5045e #13  
My dealer is running a special on this exact tractor right now. 5045e 2wd, 6' frontier rotary cutter for $15545 AND qualifies for 0% interest for 48 or either 60(can't remember which). The one thing with the loaders you're looking at that you may not realize is the new tier 4 tractors have a high hood it seems so I don't know if the 512 will be as easy to see as the other loader since it was designed with this hood in mind. I'm like you though $2400 is a big difference and I never take my loader off. I say never, I've taken it off once and didn't need to.

/ 2015 John Deere 5045e #14  
I think the e series are crap. Traded my 5085e after 60 hours. That size tractor id be looking at kubota. Maybe massey.

/ 2015 John Deere 5045e #15  
I think the e series are crap. Traded my 5085e after 60 hours. That size tractor id be looking at kubota. Maybe massey.
Haha, I agree. I'm just sitting here waiting for a truck to drop of a MF 5612 and take my E away......far, far away.....lol

/ 2015 John Deere 5045e #18  
In response to your question. The 5045E is a tough well built tractor that will give you years of trouble free service. Regarding the loader, most guys I know including myself just leave the loader attached but remove the bucket which is very simple. There are a lot of folks on this forum who are anti-Deere or maybe better stated or pro-Kubota. Some member have had an unfavorable experience with Deere and provide strong opinions against these tractors but that experience does not reflect mine nor anyone I know although I can certainly understand that out of hundreds of thousands of units being sold there will be some variation in the experience of owners. I also have some friends with the Kubotas that have very bad experiences and switched to Deere so it goes both ways. Interestingly, the E series is assembled in India and the M in the USA. I have both and can tell you that the fit and finish and reliability of the Es are on par. The 5045 is a nice simple tractor also. The Deere dealers in my area are not able to keep them on the lots. Another thing is they really hold their value.

/ 2015 John Deere 5045e
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I've decided to go with the tractor. Looking forward to its arrival and hope I made the right decision. I'm hoping to grow old with the tractor rather than because of it.

/ 2015 John Deere 5045e #20  
Waiting for pictures. I think as long as you keep within reason of the capabilities of the machine you'll do fine. One mistake I made was thinking the loader was/could be used for digging like a backhoe. I've tweaked my loader arms a little bit and I've had to rebuild a hydraulic lift cylinder. Good luck with your new tractor.