2015 Question

/ 2015 Question #1  

xcsm

Got a 2004 2015HST. What is the function of the lever (3-4 inches long) between the brake pedals and brake pedal lock lever used for? Can't find its use in the manual.

/ 2015 Question #2  
If that is similar to my 2615, that is your cruise control. It locks the throttle in position.

/ 2015 Question #3  
xcsm said:
Got a 2004 2015HST. What is the function of the lever (3-4 inches long) between the brake pedals and brake pedal lock lever used for? Can't find its use in the manual.

A picture paints a thousand words, so I uploaded a picture of the control levers from my 2015. In my owners manual, the lower controls are on pages 29-30, which includes pictures of both levers.

Attachments

• controls.JPG
    controls.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 258
   / 2015 Question
My manual has no info on the cruise control. If I don't have an accelerator pedal(I don't), how would cruise control be any different than the speed control lever? Thanks.

/ 2015 Question #5  
The cruise control lever is used to lock your speed once you have attained whatever speed you want with the HST pedal. Then you lock it at that speed and can take your foot off the HST pedal. It is supposed to release when you touch your brake pedal.

/ 2015 Question #6  
George2615 said:
The cruise control lever is used to lock your speed once you have attained whatever speed you want with the HST pedal. Then you lock it at that speed and can take your foot off the HST pedal. It is supposed to release when you touch your brake pedal.

So far my experience with tractor cruise control, is exactly the same experience I have with the cub cadet tractor I have. The cruise control works for a few seconds and then it slows down a little. Then it continually slows down little by little until it becomes necessary to step on the pedal to keep up the speed I was looking to move at. So far I haven't figured out how cruise control is practical.

/ 2015 Question #7  
Cruise would be good for plowing a field so you wouldn't have to have your foot on the HST pedal all the time. Or when driving down the road from one place to another for a long length of time. Most of my work is back and forth so I rarely use cruise except on the road.

/ 2015 Question #8  
NEFirewood said:
So far my experience with tractor cruise control, is exactly the same experience I have with the cub cadet tractor I have. The cruise control works for a few seconds and then it slows down a little. Then it continually slows down little by little until it becomes necessary to step on the pedal to keep up the speed I was looking to move at. So far I haven't figured out how cruise control is practical.

Yet another advantage of a Gear tractor over a HST tractor.

/ 2015 Question #9  
bkheur said:
Yet another advantage of a Gear tractor over a HST tractor.
I don't have this problem on my 2615 HST. Perhaps a simple adjustment is in order?

/ 2015 Question #10  
AchingBack said:
I don't have this problem on my 2615 HST. Perhaps a simple adjustment is in order?

Maybe it's just because I am such a hilly area? But I noticed right from the beginning the Mahindra cruise control was exactly like what is on the cub, same behavior. If I can ever get a week here where it isn't snowing or freezing rain I will take it for a ride down the road to see if it works properly. If not then maybe I can have the dealer take a look at it when I get to the 50 hour service point.

Personally I prefer the HST over the gear, no shifting, just a pedal to step on. It seems to work well with the loader as well. That's just my 2 cents.