2015HST crawling forward with foot off the forward/reverse pedal

/ 2015HST crawling forward with foot off the forward/reverse pedal #1  

igm

Tractor
2015HST
I'm having a problem with the hydrostatic drive on my 2015 HST-- it wants to crawl forward when my foot is off the forward/reverse pedal. It's getting worse, and now the brake won't even stop it!

I read up on this some, and sometimes the problem seems to be the self-centering mechanism is out of adjustment, but when I checked the linkages there is play in everything, so it does not seem like that's the problem.

I don't have the service manual ($150! Is there a scan of this anywhere?), so don't know what else it could be. I would be very happy if this could be adjusted externally.

Suggestions??

Thanks...

--ian

PS to moderators: the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum pages is broken. You just get a 404.

Last edited:
   / 2015HST crawling forward with foot off the forward/reverse pedal #2  
I suggest you call Daves Tractor. http://www.davestractor.com/ The mechanism on yours is likely similar to mine. When I have the symptom you describe I am able to just give the pedal a tap in the reverse direction, thus causing movement to stop. Thoroughly clean and lube all linkage and any moving parts. Sometimes these things will happen over a period of time when the tractor is just sitting in the shed.

/ 2015HST crawling forward with foot off the forward/reverse pedal #3  
Agree, check, and lube everything connected to the pedals/treadle. On Kubotas there is a damper that is meant to control the rate the treadle returns to center. Like any other part of the mechanism, the damper can also get sticky. With engine off, have someone actuate the pedals/treadle while you're studying the mechanism, and then hit everything with lube.

/ 2015HST crawling forward with foot off the forward/reverse pedal
Thanks for the suggestions. I called Dave's and talked to the service manager, and he said it's not unusual for the the forward/reverse pedal to go out of adjustment after 200-400 hours or so. Mine has about 250 hours on it, so that checks. There is an external adjustment fortunately. I'll report back when I get this fixed, with a picture showing the adjustment location. And I'm lubing everything up as long as I'm messing about down there. --ian

/ 2015HST crawling forward with foot off the forward/reverse pedal #5  
I wasn't very observant as to your location when I suggested calling Dave's. Seeing as how you are just over the border from me, if you need close service or parts, check out my Mahindra dealer, Rogue Valley Farm Equipment. Rogue Valley Farm Equipment, LLC | Mahindra

Last edited:
   / 2015HST crawling forward with foot off the forward/reverse pedal #6  
The manual has the exploded view and step by step instructions. Let me know if you still need those.

The manual has the exploded view and step by step instructions. Let me know if you still need those.

I would love to see the page with the adjustment instructions/diagram for this. So far, I'm just guessing which is the right bolt. Can you scan/take of pic of that page and post? I'm sure I'll not be the only one who needs to make that fix.

It was too cold and rainy to try it outdoors yesterday, and there's no way I'm messing with that adjustment while it's indoors! I can just see my baby tractor driving over the chocks and smashing the front of my garaged TR6 (and everything else in the way), after having adjusted it the wrong direction first time...

/ 2015HST crawling forward with foot off the forward/reverse pedal #8  
IMG_3460.JPG

/ 2015HST crawling forward with foot off the forward/reverse pedal #9  
IMG_3459.JPG

Thanks very much! Will report back.