2016 Polaris Ranger 570 XP -- mistake?

/ 2016 Polaris Ranger 570 XP -- mistake? #11  
First thing, check dealer out for support. A BBB report should be available, no machine is worth a darn if dealer isn't behind it or the manufacturer.
I have a JD 550 & read reviews on them before buying, like you, it was in the $ range i was looking for.
No regret's, just do a little researching first.

Ronnie

/ 2016 Polaris Ranger 570 XP -- mistake?
Does anyone know if the Polaris Ranger 6 month warranty has to be used at the dealership from which I purchased the Ranger or can I take it to any Polaris dealer?

/ 2016 Polaris Ranger 570 XP -- mistake? #13  
I never had a Ranger, but have had a dozen or so of Polaris ATV's along with Polaris Snowmobiles. Never had enough problems with the whole bunch to even worry about. I'd go with a Polaris with out worry. JMHO.

/ 2016 Polaris Ranger 570 XP -- mistake? #14  
I don't think I would want a side by side that is only 2 wheel drive
The next 570 Ranger I get will also have power steering, without it, it is a bear in the woods to steer around trees

/ 2016 Polaris Ranger 570 XP -- mistake? #15  
I have a 2016 Polaris Ranger Crew 570XP-6. Bought in April. Only grease and oil change so far. ImageUploadedByTractorByNet1474124203.193181.jpgImageUploadedByTractorByNet1474124231.656203.jpg

It's not that clean now and looks more used. Used daily. I keep a 30 gallon sprayer in it and I haven't needed more power yet. I've had to shift to low because of belt slip. Only thing dealer warned me about is running roads for long distances. He said over 5 miles at top speeds puts too much heat in the belt and shortens it's life. I bought the extended warranty, hope I never need it but it's an insurance policy.

Have family with the 15 570xp-2. They've had good luck with it also. Had a recall over heat protection.

Friend has an 800. Around 3,000+ miles of farm and hunting use. Just now changing lower ball joints and said it needs a new belt. 2nd set of tires.

/ 2016 Polaris Ranger 570 XP -- mistake? #16  
2016 Viking EPS set up with 27" rubber,front and rear bumpers,mirrors,half windshield,front rack and tool box.
My work machine.I expect it to be as reliable as my 2006 Rhino was.

Attachments

• 100_1662.JPG
    100_1662.JPG
    880.6 KB · Views: 192
   / 2016 Polaris Ranger 570 XP -- mistake? #17  
Dang, its snowing already in NY?
:D

/ 2016 Polaris Ranger 570 XP -- mistake?
I have a 2016 Polaris Ranger Crew 570XP-6. Bought in April. Only grease and oil change so far. View attachment 481282View attachment 481283

It's not that clean now and looks more used. Used daily. I keep a 30 gallon sprayer in it and I haven't needed more power yet. I've had to shift to low because of belt slip. Only thing dealer warned me about is running roads for long distances. He said over 5 miles at top speeds puts too much heat in the belt and shortens it's life. I bought the extended warranty, hope I never need it but it's an insurance policy.
Thanks for the tip about overheating the belt. My dealer didn't mention a thing.

How has it been without power steering on the 570XP-6?

Through whom as the Ranger warrantied? I talked to a coupe of local dealers and they sold 2 warranties. One through Polaris and one through a 3rd party company. Any idea how much you paid for the extended warranty?

/ 2016 Polaris Ranger 570 XP -- mistake? #19  
Thanks for the tip about overheating the belt. My dealer didn't mention a thing.

How has it been without power steering on the 570XP-6?

Through whom as the Ranger warrantied? I talked to a coupe of local dealers and they sold 2 warranties. One through Polaris and one through a 3rd party company. Any idea how much you paid for the extended warranty?

There's been very few times I've wished for the power steering. Mainly when I've been pulling logs in the woods. But the crew is almost too long for the woods at over 12 feet. Turning radius just isn't there. But outside checking a couple of fences I don't ride in the woods much. Steering is easy with just the slightest movement, and just as easy with 4 adults all over 225 lbs. It's a pain sitting still.

I'll have to look up the warranty info.

Last edited:
   / 2016 Polaris Ranger 570 XP -- mistake? #20  
I've never had any problems with my Polaris products. Oldest is my 2004 Sportsman 500 H.O. It has plowed every winter since new and has never broke. No belt failures, original brake pads still (thanks to the awesome engine braking.)

Only things I ever had to replace is tires, batteries and winch ropes.