2017 Kubota BX23 - Snow removal

/ 2017 Kubota BX23 - Snow removal #11  
Where you live, how much snow, and how often you "get" it, will vary greatly in what works "best". Same with how much area, and how much time you can dedicate/have to clear that snow. They will ALL work. It's just that some attachments will work better than others in certain environments.

A FEL with only a bucket will clear snow. It will just be slower. Front and rear angled snow blades will be much faster. But if you don't have room to leave piles and banks of snow around all winter, or run out of room quickly, then a snow blower will be a great tool for you.

Or if you're retired, and only get 2"-3" of snow per storm, and weeks between "snows", then the sun is a great snow removal tool. If you can wait out the snow melt time.

/ 2017 Kubota BX23 - Snow removal #12  
Cotech actually makes a snow pusher for the BX, don't know the price and shipping costs at the moment but they have been selling it for about 8 years now.

Cotech

IMG_3594.JPG

/ 2017 Kubota BX23 - Snow removal #13  
I don't know where you are from or what you get for snowfall. But I would suggest a 5' or 5'6" snow box. A simple blade will keep pushing snow to one side and inevmake a big heavy pile to try and move. A snow box will capture what is in front of the machine and spill the rest equally, until it's all cleaned up. My L3700 is a much larger and heavier tractor, and with a plow on the front.. snow piles will sometimes push the front of the tractor sideways. A snow box works much better. .. either one beats the shovel.

/ 2017 Kubota BX23 - Snow removal #14  
So, I am a newbie to tractors in general and to the forum. I know there are quite a few post on here regarding snow removal for Kubota Sub compacts. I am looking at the landpride/kubota quick tach plow options, they all seem to be designed for 25hp or more. So i specifically want to know.....Is a plow option NOT reccomended for my 23HP BX ?? I assume a snow blower is the best option, however, I was looking for more economical options. If the plow will not cut it, any other options such as a snow pusher with a rear blade ? The FEL and rear blade? Any siggestions or experiences would be helpful. Every dealer around here keeps pushing the snow blower, however, i assume this is purely to make more money vs. what will actually work. Paved Driveway, slight grade.
Dont see how anyone could offer meaningful help without knowing where you live, how much snow you get, and your budget.

We use Edge Tamers.